Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Took the Titan XL5 xm+ to its limits over 1mile.

Madhungarian

Reaction score
I went out 1730 meters at the farthest point. I did feel a couple of split second losses when rescue kicked in but it was a fraction of a second. I guess crossfire could be the next step.
I could not get the video from the air unit since my sd card got corrupted. I cannot even format the card, it's a Ultra 64gb and only registers 32mb on my pc, and it wont even finish formatting. If anyone knows if it can be fixed or can sd-cards go bad? In my goggles it showed "slow" while the DVR came out fine.

Last edited:
I went out 1730 meters at the farthest point. I did feel a couple of split second losses when rescue kicked in but it was a fraction of a second. I guess crossfire could be the next step.
I could not get the video from the air unit since my sd card someone got corrupted. I cannot even format the card, it's a Ultra 64gb and only registers 32mb on my pc, and it wont even finish formatting that. If anyone knows if it can be fixed or can sd-cards go bad? In my goggles it showed "slow" while the DVR came out fine.
Great place to fly, bit of a walk if you go down but that’s what cars are for I guess. I’ve got a titan DC5 fitted with crossfire that I’ve run out to 1.5 klms with no sign of signal loss. Betaflight OSD doesn’t support LQ which is a shame as I’d like to test the range, a lot of people are getting out to 4 klms with the right battery.
As for the slow SD card on the air unit, it’s a known problem that is hopefully going to be addressed with the next FW update by DJI. I’ve had a couple of cards fail on me and it doesn’t matter what brand or class I use. I’ve tried manually recording as that seems to work most times but there is a glitch, only with the air unit as the goggles record fine.

Great place to fly, bit of a walk if you go down but that’s what cars are for I guess. I’ve got a titan DC5 fitted with crossfire that I’ve run out to 1.5 klms with no sign of signal loss. Betaflight OSD doesn’t support LQ which is a shame as I’d like to test the range, a lot of people are getting out to 4 klms with the right battery.
As for the slow SD card on the air unit, it’s a known problem that is hopefully going to be addressed with the next FW update by DJI. I’ve had a couple of cards fail on me and it doesn’t matter what brand or class I use. I’ve tried manually recording as that seems to work most times but there is a glitch, only with the air unit as the goggles record fine.
What can I do to fix this card so that I can format it? It wont even format on my pc. RIght when I connect the card windows states it needs to be formatted however the volume size of 32mb is only listed and it wont even finish formatting. Does this mean that my card is toast?
Also Tevek I got gps rescue working right now in case if I completely loose link, I had to replace it with a new module since the original kept loosing its homepoint and was showing inaccurate telemetry.

Reactions: tevek
What can I do to fix this card so that I can format it? It wont even format on my pc. RIght when I connect the card windows states it needs to be formatted however the volume size of 32mb is only listed and it wont even finish formatting. Does this mean that my card is toast?
Also Tevek I got gps rescue working right now in case if I completely loose link, I had to replace it with a new module since the original kept loosing its homepoint and was showing inaccurate telemetry.
I’m thinking that if you cannot format the card in either your goggles or PC, then it may be cactus. I’d try another card to prove that it’s not an issue with your PC and take it from there.
As for your GPS, I cannot for the life of me get the home arrow to work. I have coordinates, speed but no arrow. I may swap out the gps for another one I have and see if that’s the problem. I have read that it may be yet another FW issue but it certainly works for other people so who knows... What brand GPS do you have?

I’m thinking that if you cannot format the card in either your goggles or PC, then it may be cactus. I’d try another card to prove that it’s not an issue with your PC and take it from there.
As for your GPS, I cannot for the life of me get the home arrow to work. I have coordinates, speed but no arrow. I may swap out the gps for another one I have and see if that’s the problem. I have read that it may be yet another FW issue but it certainly works for other people so who knows... What brand GPS do you have?
My arrow works great now,(I would have had a much harder time getting home) the one I ordered on amazon a week ago is not available however I think this is the same one on iflights website. The sd card wont even register in the air unit now, I guess it is toast, since other ones work fine in it and on my pc.

Reactions: tevek
My arrow works great now,(I would have had a much harder time getting home) the one I ordered on amazon a week ago is not available however I think this is the same one on iflights website. The sd card wont even register in the air unit now, I guess it is toast, since other ones work fine in it and on my pc.
Thanks for that, thinking of ordering another module as the one I have was only a cheapie and all that I could get at the time. Strange that everything else works except for the home point.
As for the card, welcome to the mysteries of stuff just lunching itself..

Reactions: Madhungarian
Thanks for that, thinking of ordering another module as the one I have was only a cheapie and all that I could get at the time. Strange that everything else works except for the home point.
As for the card, welcome to the mysteries of stuff just lunching itself..
Tevek,

Regarding your arrow issue, do you have your goggles set to "custom osd" on its settings?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya