Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Tractors, poop, and seagulls. Let’s go!

GiantAntCowboy

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Just a fun video I shot of local farmers fertilizing last week. Got some very cool bird footage as well!
Feedback and tips welcome!

Farming in Norway part 1:

I’m still testing things with the setup but the ultimate goal is to fly the mountains seen in the background this spring/summer.

Wish me luck and stay tuned.?
-Pete

Really nice job Pete! You tell the story in a way that takes us to that place and really show the beauty and tranquility of a simpler life. I really enjoyed your video!

Reactions: GiantAntCowboy
Really nice job Pete! You tell the story in a way that takes us to that place and really show the beauty and tranquility of a simpler life. I really enjoyed your video!
Thank you for the kind words. I was thinking about doing a whole series of farm machinery videos capturing the work life.

But my main goal is exploring some forest and mountains spots. Stay tuned!

Just a fun video I shot of local farmers fertilizing last week. Got some very cool bird footage as well!
Feedback and tips welcome!

Farming in Norway part 1:

I’m still testing things with the setup but the ultimate goal is to fly the mountains seen in the background this spring/summer.

Wish me luck and stay tuned.?
-Pete
What are you using to edit? Looks really good and smooth. Everything I've found to edit drops frame rate to 30 and resolution to 1080p.

What are you using to edit? Looks really good and smooth. Everything I've found to edit drops frame rate to 30 and resolution to 1080p.
Yea it’s been a learning process, but here are some thoughts/tips:

Editors: I use Final Cut (FCPX); however free editors are like iMovie, if you just need simple edits/cuts, or DaVinci Resolve, which has a bit of a learning curve but offers a lot of great features, are both great, and I think they have some stabilization features.

Smooth flying: This sound obvious but you really have to think about your inputs constantly, basically choose a course/flight path and stay on it. If you must correct, then turn the correction into long smooth movement.

Frame Rate: The higher the frame rate the smoother the video looks. The 180 rule is popular for cinematic footage, BUT I’ve found high speed drone footage often gets too much motion blur when using low FPS and Shutter speeds. (This all depends on your subject, goal and lighting of course; i actually screwed up the exposure in much of this footage, which became a nightmare to color correct and it shows in the final video...)

Note: A lot of this footage was shot at 120fps because I wanted slo mo shots of the birds for example.

Image Stabilization Software: I use ReelSteady and it’s really good. It doesn’t work for every shot and you have to plan your camera settings in advance, but results are smooth delicious butter!

A bit long winded response, but I wanted to share what I’ve learned along the way. Please add any thoughts, questions and tips. I’m constantly trying to improve as well!

Cheers!
-Pete

Thank you for the kind words. I was thinking about doing a whole series of farm machinery videos capturing the work life.

But my main goal is exploring some forest and mountains spots. Stay tuned!
Thank you for your reply about editors. I was able to read it in the email, but i don't see it here on the forum, so i couldn't reply to it directly.

I have been flying drones for several years now and am very amateur still. I've had some luck getting some nice shots. I used to almost exclusively only take still shots.

However, now that I'm using the fpv I've wandered into the video side and just have very bad results with my editing software. The actual drone footage is ok, I'm pretty smooth on the flights. Just when i go to edit the quality is poor and it jitters.

I've been running 4k at 60fps. I'm guessing from reading your reply that you're running 1080p at 180fps? Maybe that's part of my issue?

Thank you for your detailed reply

Thank you for your reply about editors. I was able to read it in the email, but i don't see it here on the forum, so i couldn't reply to it directly.

I have been flying drones for several years now and am very amateur still. I've had some luck getting some nice shots. I used to almost exclusively only take still shots.

However, now that I'm using the fpv I've wandered into the video side and just have very bad results with my editing software. The actual drone footage is ok, I'm pretty smooth on the flights. Just when i go to edit the quality is poor and it jitters.

I've been running 4k at 60fps. I'm guessing from reading your reply that you're running 1080p at 180fps? Maybe that's part of my issue?

Thank you for your detailed reply
My post was “waiting approval” it said; but anyway you’re welcome.

I often shoot in 2.7k and 4K 60fps with good results, so that shouldn’t cause an issue. What camera are you using?

My post was “waiting approval” it said; but anyway you’re welcome.

I often shoot in 2.7k and 4K 60fps with good results, so that shouldn’t cause an issue. What camera are you using?
The dji fpv. The raw footage always looks great, just terrible editing software

The dji fpv. The raw footage always looks great, just terrible editing software
Oh yea cool. The DJI FPV looks pretty cool, much easier than the whole building/ troubleshooting lifestyle I’ve developed...

As far as shaky footage after editing, which program are you using to process/export?

Oh yea cool. The DJI FPV looks pretty cool, much easier than the whole building/ troubleshooting lifestyle I’ve developed...

As far as shaky footage after editing, which program are you using to process/export?
So far just the windows programs and shotcut. I never actually used shotcut because it took so long to import the video. There was another program i used to use that worked well with previous dji videos but i can't remember the name and i don't have my laptop here. Something happened in a windows update and the screen resolution made it impossible for me to use the program because caused everything in the program to be tiny

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJAluzion