Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Turnigy 9X Compatibility Question

Revelle

Reaction score
So I built a quad years ago using a frsky x4r receiver and the frsky XJT transmitter in my turnigy 9x radio.
I'm building a new drone and ordered a bunch of new parts and got the FrSky R9 Mini receiver and FrSky R9M transmitter after not understanding if any new receivers worked with the XJT I have.

Will the FrSky R9M transmitter be able to go into my Turnigy 9x and pair with the R9 mini? I don't have any firmware upgrades on my 9x. After reading around I'm not sure if they will go together. Or would I be better off returning the R9 mini and R9M and getting another receiver that would work with the old XJT transmitter I have?

Thanks in advance.

It will work but if any firmware updates need to be done to either the module or receiver which tends to be common with FrSky stuff you'll need to do that with a computer and the appropriate cable.

None of the modern features and integrations will work with that radio though, being with the R9 or the XJT.

It will work but if any firmware updates need to be done to either the module or receiver which tends to be common with FrSky stuff you'll need to do that with a computer and the appropriate cable.

None of the modern features and integrations will work with that radio though, being with the R9 or the XJT.
Do you know the process to pair the R9 mini to the R9M with the 9X. Looking it up it seems you put the radio in bind mode on something like a taranis which I don't think the basic 9X has. Would I have the option if I updated the 9X firmware to OpenTX?

You need to use the button and DIP switches... but I believe that stopped working at some point in module firmware versions. er9x might have R9M support but you need to do quite a few hardware modifications to the radio.

Frankly would recommend returning the R9 gear and using the money towards a new radio instead.

You need to use the button and DIP switches... but I believe that stopped working at some point in module firmware versions. er9x might have R9M support but you need to do quite a few hardware modifications to the radio.

Frankly would recommend returning the R9 gear and using the money towards a new radio instead.
Hmm. Do you know of any frsky receivers that would work with my XJT module that uses ACCST. I would just buy something like the X4R I've got on my old quad but I can't find anything like it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232