Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

tx16s questions....

huskydriver

Reaction score
Sorry for the newb question. I have the DJI fpv drone, actually two drones, I got a deal for some batteries that included the drone. I'm moving into full custom fpv, but will probably buy a prebuilt to start with. My question is concerning this radio. I plan on buying the Iflight nazgul5 v2 off amazon with the compatible caddx vista so I can use the DJI goggles. The radio says multi protocol. Do I still need a crossfire module or is it already built into this radio?

Those links bring to search results full of random stuff, not actual products.
Basically it depends of what receiver is built in to the drone. If it's crossfire you'll need a crossfire module, if it's something else the multiprotocol module built in to the radio is compatible with then you don't need anything extra.

Last edited:
Those links bring to search results full of random stuff, not actual products.
Basically it depends of what receiver is built in to the drone. If it's crossfire you'll need a crossfire module, if it's something else the multiprotocol module built in to the radio is compatible with then you don't need anything
oh, sorry, so the here is the details of the drone on amazon.

iFlight Nazgul5 V2 HD 6S Drone BNF Caddx Polar Vista Digital HD System for DJI FPV Goggles HD FPV Racing Drone- TBS Crossfire Nano RX for TBS Controller​

I haven't bought this yet, but i did buy a radiomaster tx16s radio. Does the crossfire nano rx come with the drone then or does it usually? is this the module that connects onto the controller or do i need a seperate module that is compatible with a nano? Thanks.

The drone in the link you provided comes with the crossfire nano receiver already installed.

You will need a crossfire module on your tx16s to bind. The Multi-module doesn't support crossfire (or ELRS, or Ghost, or a couple others)

The drone in the link you provided comes with the crossfire nano receiver already installed.

You will need a crossfire module on your tx16s to bind. The Multi-module doesn't support crossfire (or ELRS, or Ghost, or a couple others)
So I have done a little research and guess I do need the crossfire module like you stated, but does it matter if its crossfire micro or nano? will either physically fit in the tx16s controller? is there just a straight crossfire module?

You need the crossfire micro module to fit in the JR module bay on your radio. You don't want the nano tx module as it is for lite radios.

Crossfire is crossfire. It doesn't matter if the receiver is a nano or a micro. That's just size. It's the same protocol.

The crossfire module should work with any crossfire rx

Reactions: huskydriver

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya