Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Un-commanded Yaw

mrmund

Reaction score
So I set up my new Jumper T12 Pro and went out to fly today. Several times my qwads had a sudden yaw adjustment when I was flying along, hovering or inverted. I recalibrated the Tx but no difference. It happened without warning and with no discernable pattern. I couldn't duplicate the problem nor was it happening for the same amount of time. Sometimes just a quick blip turning 20 degrees some times 5-6 turns in a row before recovering. It was definitely to the left but might have been to the right as well. It was hard to keep track, it was very disorienting. I switched back an forth between two different qwads to make sure it wasn't just a FC issue.
First real flights with this controller. I did some test hovers after binding my qwads but that was only inside.

Any ideas?

All the times I have seen this type of behavior in my quads it was the FC or the RX, usually the FC. I flew a few more of my quads to prove it wasn't the TX.

I flew two different qwads back and forth to make sure it wasn't them. I actually flew both of them in the same field yesterday with my old controller with no problems. Can't imagine both of them suddenly going bad overnight. Only change on both was switching from my T8sg to this T12

I forgot, 2 times around OpenTX versions 2.18 and 2.19 I had a similar thing, it was more of a minor yaw twitch, it did it with multiple quads using my QX7S, so I tried re-flashed the radio and it went away.

I forgot, 2 times around OpenTX versions 2.18 and 2.19 I had a similar thing, it was more of a minor yaw twitch, it did it with multiple quads using my QX7S, so I tried re-flashed the radio and it went away.
thanks, I'll try that.

Reflashed the TX, the uncommanded yaw is still happening.

As far as trouble shooting:
-calibrated the sticks multiple times
-Re-downloaded the same version software ( I think it's 2.3.9)from Open Tx and reflashed the transmitter.
-I've tried multiple qwads including one with crossfire
-I've tried flying without the Crossfire module installed incase that was affecting anything.
-I've opened the radio to visually inspect the gimbals (they seem ok)
-narrowed it down to the left stick, yaw axis only. It's usually a small twich but twice yesterday it rotated past 180°

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm completely stumped.

I switched the gimbal with the one from my T8sg v2 and flew some packs and it seemed like it wasn't a problem any more.
I flew a few packs with the T8sg v2 with the "bad" gimbal and it seemed ok too.
Now I'm even more confused. I'm hoping it's fixed, we'll see. Either way I want to know what was wrong.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
It was likely a bad connection on the gimbal cable, if you switch them back the issue will likely be fixed. Either way I am glad it seems to be fixed so you can go fly with confidence!

Reactions: mrmund

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya