Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Unhappy Macnam

rktman

Reaction score
Shipped the goggles off to Cerritos, CA for repair of the sunburn on the screens. No FPV flying for hopefully a brief period. I'm in CA, so shipping shouldn't take much time both ways.

The title of this thread is a reference that some of the more senior pilots here may get. If you recognize the reference without googling it, I'll see you on the Funway! ?

Approx 1 week turnaround time for me for the same issue. Cerritos is 40min away from me. They offered to have me send the goggles only or the whole combo. I went for the whole combo. Got a BNIB combo back a week later.

Reactions: dirkclod and A.O.
Good to hear ?

Approx 1 week turnaround time for me for the same issue. Cerritos is 40min away from me. They offered to have me send the goggles only or the whole combo. I went for the whole combo. Got a BNIB combo back a week later.
Did you have the care refresh plan?

I concluded the goggles weren't covered given the explicit language in the agreement, listing only the aircraft and gimbal as covered, by serial number.

submitted a repair request online, got a ups label, sent 'em in, never talked to anyone.

First repair ever.
‐-----------------

No takers on the unhappy macnam? ??????

It's so boring without my FPV... What to do with myself...

q5EPWJ5fAduMM.gif

It's so boring without my FPV... What to do with myself...

View attachment 5255
Pick up a Kyosho Mini-Z!!! Holy Mod Removed Language)these things are sooo cool! I got into them like two days ago. I am sure I will dump a bunch into these, and then forget about them in a couple of weeks haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh you had to, didn't you! And only 200 bucks US!

Oh you had to, didn't you! And only 200 bucks US!
Seriously Rkt, get the buggy and the drifters! Set up a course, and if you have young children, this is SUCH A BLAST!!

oh and if you really want to dump some serious coin, check out GL Racing who make custom chassis and parts for the Mini-Z

Shipped the goggles off to Cerritos, CA for repair of the sunburn on the screens. No FPV flying for hopefully a brief period. I'm in CA, so shipping shouldn't take much time both ways.

The title of this thread is a reference that some of the more senior pilots here may get. If you recognize the reference without googling it, I'll see you on the Funway! ?
Hi rktman, I'm about to order the FPV combo with fly more package. Question, what is it meant by sunburn on the screens? I've never herd that? Thanks

Hi rktman, I'm about to order the FPV combo with fly more package. Question, what is it meant by sunburn on the screens? I've never herd that? Thanks
The goggles have a very sensitive LCD screen situated behind the lenses. When you expose the goggles to sunlight, the sunlight can potentially burn that screen (think of how a magnifying glass lens acts in sunlight).

so the goggles lenses should never ever be exposed to direct sunlight. Not even for a moment.

but, for practicality, how do you manage that when you are flying around in the sun? I use something like this when I have to take the goggles off Amazon.com: (FBA) Goggle Cover & Storage Mat for DJI FPV Drone Goggles, 3-in-1 Dust-Proof, Light-Proof and Storage Mat Accessories for DJI FPV Digital Headphones Goggles: Home Audio & Theater

people get those lanyards and let the goggles hang around their necks. I use one too, but tie the lanyard/neck strap to the goggles in such a way that when you take the goggles off they hang down with the lens side against your chest/abdomen.

one other thing that may help is attaching one of those battery clips to the head strap so that when you take the goggles off and let them hang around your neck the battery weighs down the goggles so they just, on their own, hang with the the lens side against your body.

Last edited:
The goggles have a very sensitive LCD screen situated behind the lenses. When you expose the goggles to sunlight, the sunlight can potentially burn that screen (think of how a magnifying glass lens acts in sunlight).

so the goggles lenses should never ever be exposed to direct sunlight. Not even for a moment.

but, for practicality, how do you manage that when you are flying around in the sun? I use something like this when I have to take the goggles off Amazon.com: (FBA) Goggle Cover & Storage Mat for DJI FPV Drone Goggles, 3-in-1 Dust-Proof, Light-Proof and Storage Mat Accessories for DJI FPV Digital Headphones Goggles: Home Audio & Theater

people get those lanyards and let the goggles hang around their necks. I use one too, but tie the lanyard/neck strap to the goggles in such a way that when you take the goggles off they hang down with the lens side against your chest/abdomen.

one other thing that may help is attaching one of those battery clips to the head strap so that when you take the goggles off and let them hang around your neck the battery weighs down the goggles so they just, on their own, hang with the the lens side against your body.
Thanks for your reply Sayenah, never thought of that but it makes very good since. Hey, the goggle cover and storage mat sounds like a great idea! Very little money for a rather large investment. Happy flying.

Reactions: Sayenah
My repaired goggles arrive tomorrow... The protector should be an included accessory, not something that is bought 3rd party.

Imagine how different this problem might be if, upon unboxing, everyone was going, "what's this?"

If DJI is covering the goggles with Refresh (they fixed mine no charge) it would be a lot cheaper for them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbystrek