Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Uppdate battery firmware when running b3yond

AndreasT

Reaction score
I am buying two additional batteries, Is it possible to uppdate battery firmware when running b3yond.
I am worried that I have to "uppgrade" google firmware first.

I bought new batteries a few days ago. The first time I put them in the drone I got a message in the goggles it detect it's a new battery and said that I need to update the battery firmware, But it's the drone or maybe goggles that does the battery firmware update process, you don't have to connect dji fly or dji assistant, you just click ok and it's start the battery update and you can fly right after (maybe a reboot first). so normally you shouldn't have to update the glasses and b3yond should not be altered, at worst if you are not sure, reapply the patch.

Reactions: AndreasT
I bought new batteries a few days ago. The first time I put them in the drone I got a message in the goggles it detect it's a new battery and said that I need to update the battery firmware, But it's the drone or maybe goggles that does the battery firmware update process, you don't have to connect dji fly or dji assistant, you just click ok and it's start the battery update and you can fly right after (maybe a reboot first). so normally you shouldn't have to update the glasses and b3yond should not be altered, at worst if you are not sure, reapply the patch.
Thankyou👍

The battery firmware is updated by the drone with what it currently has on it, no connection or anything needed.
I can confirm this since I did updated battery firmware on 2 new batteries, just the drone and goggles, nothing else needed, smooth process.

Ok so I am having a problem I can't seem to find out absolutely anything about it. Keep in mind i had done the hack to unlock everything on the dji fpv last summer. Someone had stolen all my batteries for my dji fpv so I had to buy new ones. Prior to the new batteries everything work does it should. Now, with the new batteries. I fully charged them and went to go fly but couldnt do a thing. They power it up..kinda.. only the rear lights come on. I can't go put the drone into bind mode. All 4 lights on the battery Flash simultaneously 3 times. The only thing that makes sense to me is if the firmwares are different between battery and drone causing the issue. If anyone could has experienced anything like this,and found a solution,PLEASE let me know. I'm beyond frustrated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya