Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

vibration at high throttle

Samu

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I recently built my first quad: martian anniversary special edition 215mm frame, mamba F405 mk2 FC, F40 40A dshoot600 ESC, emax eco2207 1700 kv motors, one 470uF 35V capacitor, eachine TX805 vtx, frsky xmplus receiver, caddx turbo micro F2 and 6s 1000 mah batterys.
After one hard crash I started to notice really bad vibration on high throotle and video noise. When I enable airmode with the quad on the ground the motors seems a bit twitchy:
I also noticed a damaged component on the esc:
here a blackbox video where I go full throotle 2 times and the vibrations starts:
I tried different pid but the problem didn't go away so I am thinking that something is damaged, maybe that component on the esc? I don't know
I hope someone with more experience can help me. Thanks!

Last edited:
That small component on the ESC is just a capacitor, and is unlikely to cause your vibrations. You should look for bend propellers and/or motorshafts.

The props are OK i changed them.
I notice that 3 motors have a slightly bent motorshaft (less than half a millemeter) do you think that they are causing that much vibrations?
And switching from my 470uf capacitor to a 1000uf cap would help to reduce the video noise?

The props are OK i changed them.
I notice that 3 motors have a slightly bent motorshaft (less than half a millemeter) do you think that they are causing that much vibrations?
And switching from my 470uf capacitor to a 1000uf cap would help to reduce the video noise?
Yeah, I think even small bends in motorshafts can cause vibrations.
You can test it in betaflight on the motors tab. If you test with props on, make sure the quad is strapped down securely. Spin the motors up one by one and look at how much noice is makes in the gyro traces, and compare it to the good motor.

1000uF IS better than 470, but Im not sure how much difference it will make in video noice. Make sure vtx and cam are powered by a good filtered powersource, and make sure they share the ground connection. I mostly power my vtx+cam directly off Vbat (that has a cap), and rarely see any issues.

I tested the motors and all of them made really bad sounds I think the bearings are dirty or damaged
Some motors especialy one make more noise on the gyro but i think they are all pretty noisy
In this video I spin the "good" motor as you can hear it doesn't sound good:
So I need to change motors?
Do you think the bearings are damaged? or just dirty and maybe I can clean them?

Last edited:
Sounds like its grinding. Bad bearing I guess.
Most ppl just replace the motor, but personally I change the bearings when they wear out (if the rest of the motor is 100% ok)

BTW. Dont spin the motors without load for too long. They will get hot and might damage the windings.

OK since all the motors have bent shaft, motor mount and ruined bearings I will buy a new set, what motors do you recommend me?

Oh man. I dont know what motors are good for 6s. Im flying 4s but had good experience with t-motors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax