Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Vibrations at high throttle?

cerx212

Reaction score
I recently got back into FPV after a year and decided to build a brand new drone on a new frame, once I had it flying I noticed vibrations at high throttle that I and I tried to remove them with TPA but that made little difference, eventually I crashed it and broke the gyro on the KISS FC, while the gyro was broken (no reading, just flat) I decided to spin up the motors and realised they vibrated only at high throttle? Is this what's happening when I throttle up while flying? Does this only happen with the props off?

I am using APD F3 40A ESC's with a KISS FC on a 6S setup, motors are lumenier ZIP 2207 1750KV POPO Pro edition.

Here is a video of it.

That isn't vibrations, that is the ESC protocol freaking out, being KISS I am not sure what to try unless you can change the ESC protocol to a lower speed D-Shot or maybe Multishot.

As a troubleshooting step try DShot300, and then try Multishot and since that is an analog protocol look up how to calibrate the ESC’s the first power up. This has fixed twitching worse than that, so it can’t hurt to try. IMHO

As a troubleshooting step try DShot300, and then try Multishot and since that is an analog protocol look up how to calibrate the ESC’s the first power up. This has fixed twitching worse than that, so it can’t hurt to try. IMHO
No Multishot option on latest KISS, and my ESC's do not support Multishot, only D-shot and Pro-shot. Regardless I tried it and it did not help.

Kind of sounds like a bad bearing on one of the motors. A bad bearing could definitely cause those types vibrations. Can you provide a screen print of the data output page with the motors running?

Last edited:
Kind of sounds like a bad bearing on one of the motors. A bad bearing could definitely cause those types vibrations. Can you provide a screen print of the data output page with the motors running?
Already done that, each motor or esc has the issue.

How fast are you spinning them under no load? Motors at high RPM under no load conditions will often react that way because the pulse widths are bumping the motors ahead and if the frequency is too high it can the pulse width can bump to motors past the next magnet causing an oscillation. Have you tried flying it yet?
If you hover in place and punch the throttle for 1/2 sec, does it sound abnormal?

How fast are you spinning them under no load? Motors at high RPM under no load conditions will often react that way because the pulse widths are bumping the motors ahead and if the frequency is too high it can the pulse width can bump to motors past the next magnet causing an oscillation. Have you tried flying it yet?
If you hover in place and punch the throttle for 1/2 sec, does it sound abnormal?
I've been flying this drone for about a week, its brand new, when hovering its fine but after like a second or less of the throttle being punched it vibrates in the air.

Next thought would probably be a PID issue? I have yet to build a Kiss setup so I don’t know what options you might have or how to adjust. Is this your first Kiss setup?

Next thought would probably be a PID issue? I have yet to build a Kiss setup so I don’t know what options you might have or how to adjust. Is this your first Kiss setup?
Tried adjusting pids TPA and everything, seems to be unrelated to the PIDs, this is my first fresh KISS setup, my previous one was won at a race. Also my first 6s setup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax