Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

video file stop and start

EdH

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced the following? While filming a flight, at about 3:15 in the file stops and starts another file, about 3:15 into that it stops again and restarts until it was finished. However, when viewing in the album in goggles it records the entire flight continuously. I have sent this to DJI but thought I would mention to see if it is just my drone or others. I had it set up to start recording when starting flight.

File size is a limitation of the file system, the max file size using ExFat is about 3gb.

The goggles does not record in 4k so it takes longer to get to 3gb

File size is a limitation of the file system, the max file size using ExFat is about 3gb.

The goggles does not record in 4k so it takes longer to get to 3gb
yes thank you--I actually thought about that. and that is about the size of the file when restarts. I did not know the limits of the file.:rolleyes:

Most cameras do this, even if there's no actual limit when the card is formatted ExFAT they tend to always do so in case you put a FAT32 card in.

Most cameras do this, even if there's no actual limit when the card is formatted ExFAT they tend to always do so in case you put a FAT32 card in.
?

Good explanation Here about FAT32 file size limit and why its 4GB. My videos always break at 3:17 which it right about 3.8GB. I assume there is a bit of safety factor built in to break file before getting right to the 4GB limit. Just like jpeg not all videos/images compress the same amount.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232