Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Video Not Recording (with Record on TakeOff)

IronSky1

Reaction score
I cannot get the FPV drone or goggles to go into record mode. I set the parameters to "record on take off" and "Record Both "in settings. After 5 flights still no video recorded. I removed the SD cards Sandisk 128g extreme and formated in my DJI Mini 2 and will try again. I would presume all you do is press the record button the goggle or controller to start the squence . It does respond to stills. Any input would be appreciated.

odd....

does it show capacity of cards on the right hand side?
does it show recording icon?

yeah, you can either have record on take off, then as soon as you power motors up it starts recording.
or just hit record button in flight.

as an aside, to be 'safe' I format the cards in the drone/goggles.

Reactions: dirkclod
The SD chips show up. I formatted in my DJI Mini and it works fine now just did some tests. Probably operator error. Learning all over again

Reactions: A.O. and JoostGT3
The SD chips show up. I formatted in my DJI Mini and it works fine now just did some tests. Probably operator error. Learning all over again
Lots of us are ?

Reactions: A.O.
Might have been an unsupported filesystem format. Cards over 32gb are often formatted exFAT, and I don't think the FPV supports exFAT. If you try to format anything over 32gb on a windows system, it won't let you choose what you need, FAT32.

You can use FAT32 for volumes larger than 32gb, you just have to use a third party app or the easiest – format it in the FPV.

NTFS maybe then... or not :cool:

No worries mate! I have been flying ever since the first Mavic came out, and I am still (re)learning new things almost every flight.

Reactions: A.O.
Might have been an unsupported filesystem format. Cards over 32gb are often formatted exFAT, and I don't think the FPV supports exFAT. If you try to format anything over 32gb on a windows system, it won't let you choose what you need, FAT32.

You can use FAT32 for volumes larger than 32gb, you just have to use a third party app or the easiest – format it in the FPV.
I have those same 128 gb cards and it works fine on mine

So stupid question.. you say it works for stills right? And you have to hold that picture taking button down to change to video mode instead of stills right? Sorry, just checking.

So stupid question.. you say it works for stills right? And you have to hold that picture taking button down to change to video mode instead of stills right? Sorry, just checking.
Does that affect record at takeoff? doesn't seem it would.

BTW, Not a stupid question...

It finally started working like it suppose to on take off not sure if fpv recorded to goggles. Not a big issues. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput