Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Well, I'm in for real now. I just bought a quad!

graywoulf

Reaction score
Greetings!

Well after much thought and research on building a quad, I found a deal that I could not pass up. I still want to build one for the experience though eventually. So, here is a list of the parts of the built quad I bought. I hope it meets somebody's approval. ;) :D

Build Specs:
Hyperlow CG 5" frame
Foxeer F4 AIO FC BetaFlight 4.1
Hyperlite 2306.5 1722kv motors
Spedix GS35amp BlHeli32 ESC's
RunCam Eagle Pro2 FPV camera
TBS Crossfire receiver W/ ImmortalT
TBS Unify 25-800mw VTX
AXII 2 SMA FPV antenna
HellGate Buzzer
TPU GoPro Mount and ImmortalT mount
GemFan 5152 Props
**EXTRAS** 6S 1300mah battery, 2x Arms, bottom and top plate

Hyperlow CG 5.jpg

Well that looks like it will most likely knock your socks off buddy. Is it new or used?

The seller told me that he built it as a backup to one he normally flew that was identical. He did say that it has a few flights on it. I am researching the Crossfire modules for my Q X7 Tx. Seems that I have some soldering to do to make this work as well as purchasing a module for the Tx.

Then once I have all of this in place, I have a lot of learning to do as far as the settings in BetaFlight. I asked the seller to let me know what he has already done as far as setting it up. Maybe I will get lucky and he has it already dialed in.

Lol buddy, that was my next question.
Do you have a module?
As for setting up in betaflight, it can be a bit scary for a while but heaps of yt vids out there and always help here too.
He may have tuned the quad a bit but you will have to set up model in tx, bind it and set up all in bf.
I don't use crossfire myself so I won't be of much help but I know some of the great members that are on here do so it should be all good.
6s quad is going to be frightening fast compared to what you are used to.
Do you have extra batteries?
4/5s possiblity to start?

As I have a little bit of experience with BF, I don't think it will be too bad for me. I am a bit rusty with it as I have not used it in a couple of years. As you say, I am sure that I can find the help I need in a lot of places.

As far as batteries go, I have a few 3S batteries lying around but no 4 o r 5S batteries so I guess I need to shop for some of those as well. I don't imagine that a 3S would work too well. And the 6S is probably going into storage mode for a while. Too scary for me as a first time out. :eek: ? What I am used to right now is a DJI Spark if that tells you anything about the forthcoming learning curve. ;)

Reactions: tevek and Wayno52
Haha, lol buddy you will be fine.
You are right 3s will not be great on that quad but I would personally get a few 4s until you get into the swing of things.
They will be easier to start, (imho).
My first fpv racer was the diatone tyrant on 4s 95c batteries and scared the heck out of me for many weeks.
Seems things are very much going 6s now but if you can manage it, get a couple of 4s and weight will be less and batteries are cheaper.
If not get some 5 or 6s but lower your throttle.
Again just 1 persons opinion and there are many pilots here with more experience than me.

Wow, thats top end gear!. I started with a crappy Wizard X220. (And still fly that crappy X220 now almost 2 years later...

Remember to practice a bit in the SIM first ;-)

Reactions: graywoulf
Wow, thats top end gear!. I started with a crappy Wizard X220. (And still fly that crappy X220 now almost 2 years later...
Remember to practice a bit in the SIM first ;-)

Most definitely a lot of sim time. Thinking about trying out Velocidrone. I already have FPV Freerider Pro but I want to try something new. Thanks for the complement. I snagged this thing for a song and a dance and it is practically new. I am going to set a lot of limits on my Q X7 to start with. I just got a pair of FatShark HD2 goggles today to fly it with too. I was thinking of buying the Wizard 220S and this quad didn't cost much more if you can believe that. :)

Sounds like you made a killer deal, and those HD2s are just awesome unless you are among the few who has blurry edges. I have them myself and love the field of view.

Yeah, I got real lucky on both the goggles and the quad. The goggles work fine and after using a pair of old FS Predator V2 goggles for a few years, these are a gigantic step up. I can't believe the FOV on these things. I love it! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232