Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

what copter to buy for DJI digital FPV?

ggdr000

Reaction score
I had recreational DJI Mavic 2 zoom now it is getting boring. I want to get the racing drone but not for racing anytime if ever. But i wanna do some stunts and acrobatic stuff that recreational drones can not do .
I am looking at DJI digital FPV which comes with 1. air unit which appears to be a camera+antenna to be mounted on quadcopter, 2. goggle and 3. remote.
It looks like it needs 3rd party quadcopter?
I am not serious into racing, hate searching for 3rd party copter and does not wanna invest too much.
I have busy lifestyle and hoped DJI Digital will work out of box. But based on what i know it needs quadcopter.

What quadcopter can most easily fit in and flying inno time???

Depending on whether you want to build or buy a RTF package. You can get the air unit and fit it to an existing quad (within reason) or buy the whole show (controller, quad and goggles) and just fly. I have a couple of DJI FPV quads that I use with my existing Taranis QX7S.
Both setups work very well, (although I’m waiting for parts for one of them as I slammed it into a tree).
You are looking at some fairly serious money if you want to get the whole package (typical DJI pricing) or you can save some money by either buying your own controller and fitting the air unit to something you already have. There aren’t that many quads that will allow you fit either the air unit or the Caddx Vista air unit without a few modifications. Companies like Iflight are worth looking at to start with.
You still need the goggles which are comparable in price to a similar set of fatshark goggles for example.
Best advice here on the forum is to possibly buy a RTF small quad package to see if that’s where you want to go before you unload some fairly serious money on full blown FPV.

Get FPV is selling full bundles right now, but they're a little overpriced in my opinion. Lumenier QAV-R 2 Freestyle Quadcopter RTF w/ DJI Digital HD FPV System

The actual drone is inflated by about $100, and you could save another $100 to go for a smaller rig that could be a little easier to learn on. They're charging $550 for the quad, and for less than $300 you can get a Beta 95

The goggles are cheaper on Pyro too, but they've only got 1 left and the radio is out of stock

Just know before you dive in that there is a learning curve when it comes to flying FPV

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya