Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

What is the "Go to" controller these days.

BillDebevc

Reaction score
Website
bimthoughts.com
I am getting ready to build the Super fast way cool quad. 250 size.

I am wondering what is the "Go to" controller I should be looking at. Something with all the cool features.

I currently have a Flip32 F4 controller now and am programming with BetaFlight in my 210 class quad. Its fairly good but it's my only one and I don't know much about the other brands or models.

I also have a Spektrum transmitter, DSMX type.

Thanks again.

Bill,

I'm really partial the the BetaFlight F3 AIO board that Boris B and FPV Model put together. I'm using it in 4-5 of my birds and I really like it. I think they've discontinued it now and replaced it with the Betaflight F4 AIO. I've got two of them here but haven't installed them yet. I like the fact that it's a complete AIO solution on a single board with the exception of the VTX and the Receiver.

Jerry

Bill,

I'm really partial the the BetaFlight F3 AIO board that Boris B and FPV Model put together. I'm using it in 4-5 of my birds and I really like it. I think they've discontinued it now and replaced it with the Betaflight F4 AIO. I've got two of them here but haven't installed them yet. I like the fact that it's a complete AIO solution on a single board with the exception of the VTX and the Receiver.

Jerry
Since You are familiar with BF, probably better to use it. Jerry and Green can help ya get going.

Reactions: Wayno52 and Jtrjr
@Wayno52 I will be building a highly customized ZMR 250 frame. I am thinking of building something so the battery is closer to the center of gravity. Don't really know if that will help anything but is sure seems like it would. I will have a build post in a different thread once I get started with the design.

@Jtrjr Looks like the "FPV Model Betaflight F4 Flight Controller" is the newest version. Any comments?

Reactions: Wayno52 and Jtrjr
Bill,

Unfortunately, I haven't installed the BFF4's that I got yet but if they're as good as the BFF3's have been to me, I'm sure I'll love them. One concern I do have is they have the 5v rail on the BFF4 rated at 1.5A, the BFF3 was rated at 3A but many people said it never was 3A anyway. When running the RunCam Swift it takes 5v@650ma by itself so that 5v rail could get loaded pretty quickly. I've seen a lot of guys complaining about the Split because many of the FC's out there can't provide the amps it needs when running various other components. All of my BFF3's are running very well and most of those builds are running the BFF3, 30A ESC's, Tramp HV's and FrSky XSR's or XM+'s.

Jerry

Bill,

The BFFC series of FC's includes the PDB. I could use a Pololu if it became necessary. The BFF3 handles it fine at this point, I'm just not sure if the BFF4 PDB will handle it.

Jerry

Reactions: Wayno52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fducloux