Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

What is your experience with the Avata randomly crashing?

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Been on the fence about getting one of these. Watched this video and I was not impressed with he two crashes he had. Is this just BS from a in experienced drone flyer or does this happen? Its a lot of money to just have it drive its self into the ground.

Sensationalism brings views and thus money...

Other side of the coin:

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Never had any issues with mine. But wait 😳 Dont have one yet 😀

Well as one of the top influencers for youtube content and having a very big sound company backing their trip to Iceland (epidemic sound) where he bashes DJI who he just loves I wonder why he would include his comments into his video about DJI. I have watched some of his FPV videos and would say on a scale on 1-10 he is about a 7 so his flying skills are there. His knowledge of the craft might be lacking.
Hence the reason I asked my question.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
No crashes here, so far. I have taken risks with the Avata that I would have never done with my other drones, but it's an FPV. I can SEE where I'm going.

Last edited:
I've tried quite hard to make it misbehave intentionally and haven't even managed to. Only fly manual, not doing crazy hardcore freestyle but I'm not being intentionally light on it either. Total non-issue in my case.

This is just crazy.

Have critics wandered around the FPV forums and read through all that goes wrong with ALL other FPV birds, including loss of signal, which results too often in a lost drone.

I'm far less worried about beating the hell out of my Avata than I am my iFlight A85.

Just get it with care refresh, and have a rockin' bad-arse time!

Reactions: Texas Red
while flying in manual mode I tried to trigger it while doing very tight turns and figures. I once had a kind of unexpected movement, the drone turned backwards. But I easily regained control. Does the problem mentioned in the videos make the motors stop?

i have 3 that are getting a tonne of use by multiple inexperienced flyers and have experienced no issues at all.

Fine if you want to use it for shooting real estate, fine if you want to fly low through trees, and probably fine if you're doing a race track , if the turns aren't too tight. Not fine to turn it upside down, where it can just fall out of the sky, and you have to go find it. Absolutely not a mountain surfing drone.

This is my experience, and it's what you do NOT do with your Avata. Took me a long time to find it.

I've tried quite hard to make it misbehave intentionally and haven't even managed to. Only fly manual, not doing crazy hardcore freestyle but I'm not being intentionally light on it either. Total non-issue in my case.
That fact that if falls out of the sky for some Avatas and not others kind of points to a hardware issue, It's not a geometry of the drone problem, it's not the firmware, they have a problem with, with some of their flight controller boards being faulty, and that's a tough problem to find and fix. If they get it resolved, I'll give it another try. I loved it, until I didn't.

Last edited:
I've had it upside down a lot with no issues. That doesn't mean there isn't one, just that it's rare.

Care Refresh 2 replacements. I'm gonna keep having a blast and not worry. If it's hardware and I have the problem, I'll end up with a replacement. If software, we'll very likely get some sort of fix in a update.

I've had it upside down a lot with no issues. That doesn't mean there isn't one, just that it's rare.

Care Refresh 2 replacements. I'm gonna keep having a blast and not worry. If it's hardware and I have the problem, I'll end up with a replacement. If software, we'll very likely get some sort of fix in a update.
I'd fly it where you can easily recover it. It's tiny, and I was within a few feet of it, just lying in grass and didn't see it. I wish they'd do bright colors.

I'd fly it where you can easily recover it. It's tiny, and I was within a few feet of it, just lying in grass and didn't see it. I wish they'd do bright colors.
Didn't turn on ESC beeping? That's how I found mine in some grass...

That fact that if falls out of the sky for some Avatas and not others kind of points to a hardware issue, It's not a geometry of the drone problem, it's not the firmware, they have a problem with, with some of their flight controller boards being faulty, and that's a tough problem to find and fix. If they get it resolved, I'll give it another try. I loved it, until I didn't.
Some have said a simple IMU cal solved it for them.
But maybe it's a hardware defect and all it takes is a swap.

In either case it doesn't seem to be systemic.

Didn't turn on ESC beeping? That's how I found mine in some grass...
The battery was knocked out, had to find it by the last view in the goggles. Could you do me a favor and do the same manuevers I did. Back roll, roll left, roll right, then back roll.

Some have said a simple IMU cal solved it for them.
But maybe it's a hardware defect and all it takes is a swap.

In either case it doesn't seem to be systemic.
Could you try the same series of manuevers I did. Back roll, roll left, roll right, then back roll. Drone was new, perhaps the 3rd flight,. No crash.

The battery was knocked out, had to find it by the last view in the goggles. Could you do me a favor and do the same manuevers I did. Back roll, roll left, roll right, then back roll.
How fast? Makes a big difference.

I'm a relative noob flying manual, so I'll probably be a lot slower at a set of moves like that than far more experienced pilots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya