Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

What should I look for?

Roadking

Reaction score
Website
aerialdroneservice.myportfolio.com
I’d like some advice.
I have the opportunity to buy a used DJI FPV Combo.
The price is very good but I’m always skeptical of used items especially if the deal seems too good. It would be a face to face purchase and I can see and test the quad. The guy says he sells Amazon liquidation items which I assume means returns.
Is there anything specific to that product that would be an automatic knock out?

Unless you're able to see it fly, it's a cwap shoot. The price would have to be very good, as it may just be parts, if you can't activate it, and it has no problems. Also you'd probably have no response from DJI or Amazon about refund, etc. etc.

Unless you're able to see it fly, it's a cwap shoot. The price would have to be very good, as it may just be parts, if you can't activate it, and it has no problems. Also you'd probably have no response from DJI or Amazon about refund, etc. etc.
So if it flys I should be ok?

Reactions: mrmund
Well I pulled the trigger and bought it. Seems like it's fine and it flies good. It was just an offer I couldn't refuse so i went ahead and took the gamble. It was in the box with all of the items it normally comes with. I'm charging everything up and will check for any needed updates and I'll probably go ahead and get the Fly More kit, Arm braces, sd cards, Motion Controller and a case. I'm looking at the Go Professional case that can store the quad with props on and arms attached.

Reactions: mrmund
Congrats, sounds like you got a good deal. You'll want to get the FW all up to date too.

Just a optional opinion on case to consider... The Go Professional case is great!
I've found with other drones, the German MC-Cases are a premium in design.
They tend to fit more, 6 batteries, and include multiple layers for various parts.

They make 1 DJI FPV insert that fits both a hard case and backback. The backpack is soft and adds a few extra pockets... like tablet, etc. They too allow the FPV to be with or without arm braces & props on like the GoPro.
They offer more battery slots, and under goggles room for extras and cut-outs for more props.

The hard case is available now, the backback is just getting released. I personally ordered the backpack version... able to carry on walk, bike or just easy for me in car packed gear. I ordered 6 weeks ago direct before Amazon stocked, been waiting for the August release.

YouTube:

Buy direct or Amazon,
Hard Case: @220

Backpack: $210

MC-Cases - German site
Their cases for Phantom (owned) and Inspire 2 are great designs... pricey but nice.

Congrats, sounds like you got a good deal. You'll want to get the FW all up to date too.

Just a optional opinion on case to consider... The Go Professional case is great!
I've found with other drones, the German MC-Cases are a premium in design.
They tend to fit more, 6 batteries, and include multiple layers for various parts.

They make 1 DJI FPV insert that fits both a hard case and backback. The backpack is soft and adds a few extra pockets... like tablet, etc. They too allow the FPV to be with or without arm braces & props on like the GoPro.
They offer more battery slots, and under goggles room for extras and cut-outs for more props.

The hard case is available now, the backback is just getting released. I personally ordered the backpack version... able to carry on walk, bike or just easy for me in car packed gear. I ordered 6 weeks ago direct before Amazon stocked, been waiting for the August release.

Buy direct or Amazon,
Hard Case: @220

Backpack: $210

MC-Cases - German site
Their cases for Phantom (owned) and Inspire 2 are great designs... pricey but nice.
Thank you. Those MC cases do look nice.
I like the cases that can accommodate the arm supports and fly more kit. Too much stuff to carry other wise.
I flew the quad a couple of times already. Tried doing rolls and flips but didn’t realize I had to unlock that. Maybe tomorrow if it’s not raining.
flys nice but takes some getting used to. Not exactly like my other FPV quads.
I like it. 😊

Thank you. Those MC cases do look nice.
I like the cases that can accommodate the arm supports and fly more kit. Too much stuff to carry other wise.
I flew the quad a couple of times already. Tried doing rolls and flips but didn’t realize I had to unlock that. Maybe tomorrow if it’s not raining.
flys nice but takes some getting used to. Not exactly like my other FPV quads.
I like it. 😊
Congrats, sounds like ya got a winner!
You're several steps ahead of me on FPV... the DJI FPV was my incentive to try FPV and I'm in process of a slow-learning mode. I'm not exactly hurrying, I'm in sport mode flying around my yard, trees & bushes. I'm getting comfortable with flying before unlocking the acrobat mode. I'll try the simulator first before the FPV craft. I haven't done simulator yet, and able to zip around quickly under, around the tress and house gutters. To me it's an absolute blast but much more draining than cinematic drones. I do look forward to the acrobatics, but the cost of the little craft encourages patience on my part.

Good Luck on case decision, the Backpack is my choice... all my other drone cases are hard cases.

Friend of mine has an MC but we don't like it, bit too flimsy and huge, not to mention expensive. Got the Smatree myself and I'm happy with it.

IMG_20210716_171603.jpg

IMG_20210716_171438.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix