Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Wire Dangling From Hawk Pro Camera

mlman

Reaction score
I noticed a single green wire dangling from the CADDX Ratel camera on my Hawk Pro. There are two connectors on the camera PCB. A 3-pin which I assume is V+, ground and video and a 2-pin connector with a single green wire. The green wire is now dangling un-terminated. I would guess the wire goes somewhere on the flight controller board in the stack??

I still receive the video signal from the Hawk Pro so I am unsure of the purpose of the green wire, its function and placement. I would feel better flying knowing the purpose of the wire even though everything appears OK. I don't know why they would have a connector containing a single wire if it was not necessary?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you that makes sense. I can fly with picture only but will have to figure out where it connects if I want status. It's not obvious, The documentation shows nothing on the OSD connection even though everything else seems to be on the drawings I saw.

Typically you would have a green and a black wire and they would allow you to attach a joystick to set up/adjust settings. However, I've seen some videos online where people have hooked it up to a Camera Control pad (if you FC has one) and bypassed the need for the joystick.

If you don't have a camera control pad, you have a little more work to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput