Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Xl6 Frame

Yusuf88Alkan

Reaction score
Hello. I want to a make a FPV Quadcopter. I searched information and ı decided to buy this parts.
Are there any incompatible parts
71DC3898-1CB9-4F80-B6A5-C55619178E38.png7581FCA5-884A-49BF-AEFD-99C87A75341F.pngFE228E10-523E-47EF-9424-7C58095F0F08.png71DC3898-1CB9-4F80-B6A5-C55619178E38.png

Boy, you've got a lot of parts there that I wouldn't personally touch.
*Most* parts are compatible, one thing that isn't cross compatible is the radio. You don't have a receiver on that list, and it would need to be Flysky to go with the radio. I know they're more expensive, but FrSky is a litle more popular, which means they have more options for you to work with.

Those motors! I've NEVER seen a 2507 before. That's a lot of motor, even at 1800 KV. 2208 is my favorite, 2408 is the biggest I've run. 2306 is more popular, and is going to save you some weight.

The props you have are 7 inch, and it looks like your frame is a 5 or 6.

TBH, I can't recommend any of the parts you've chosen. It looks like you're trying to save money, and I get that, but I doubt you're going to have a good experience building and flying that particular stack of parts.

Most people post and never come back, if you care to discuss specifics, we can help you out

Reactions: Yusuf88Alkan
This will all work but ONLY if you use the iFlight XL7 V3 frame. @rtkDarling, yes those are beast motors and a lot of guys are using this size for long range 7" build. I'm actually doing a build now with the XL7 frame and using the new BrotherHobby Avenger 2507 1500kv motors. The only other suggestion I'd have on the list is that those Genfam props are real power suckers and don't perform very well. The HQProp 7X4.5 V1S, although a little more pricey, are a much better prop.

yes those are beast motors and a lot of guys are using this size for long range 7" build. I'm actually doing a build now with the XL7 frame and using the new BrotherHobby Avenger 2507 1500kv motors.
Awesome. See, you learn something every day...
Glad my opinion isn't the only one you got !
@RENOV8R I'd love to see that 7 inch, you have pics up somewhere?

[edit] I'm kind of a bonehead. 2408 is a larger motor than a 2507

My chosen frame is xl6. But the header looks xl7.
Also flysky command include x6b receiver.

I decided to buy 250mm frame. Such as zmr250.
How to get a motor and frame?
Can you attach link? (AliExpress Banggood)
I'm not sure how to choose a part.
What is the importance of the numbers on the motors, such as 2204 or 2208?

What is the importance of the numbers on the motors, such as 2204 or 2208?

As you can see above, I'm not the expert :) I can tell you what they represent though.

The first two numbers are the circumference of the bell, and the second two numbers are the height of the stator. Together they define how large a motor is. To get the "displacement" for lack of a better word, you can multiply the two numbers.

For example your 2507 is 25x7 = 175
2408 is 24x8 = 192
Different people like different sizes for their personal application; it comes down to preference and how you want to fly.

This guy doesn't really do long range, but I appreciate his analysis

How can I understand the motor and frame are compatible?
This is not a straightforward questions, there are hundreds of variables. The only suggestion I have is to do a few hours of searching the internet. Go to Rotorbuilds.com and you can see thousands of builds complete with detailed parts lists. You'll even see a few I've done including this Catalyst Machine Works Smooth Operator I just finished not too long ago
iFlight XL7 016.JPG

This is not a straightforward questions, there are hundreds of variables. The only suggestion I have is to do a few hours of searching the internet. Go to Rotorbuilds.com and you can see thousands of builds complete with detailed parts lists. You'll even see a few I've done including this Catalyst Machine Works Smooth Operator I just finished not too long ago
View attachment 2990
As you can see above, I'm not the expert :) I can tell you what they represent though.

The first two numbers are the circumference of the bell, and the second two numbers are the height of the stator. Together they define how large a motor is. To get the "displacement" for lack of a better word, you can multiply the two numbers.

For example your 2507 is 25x7 = 175
2408 is 24x8 = 192
Different people like different sizes for their personal application; it comes down to preference and how you want to fly.

This guy doesn't really do long range, but I appreciate his analysis

Thanks

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix