Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Any thoughts on this one...

Jtrjr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So, just before we took off for the lake I decided to burn a few packs. I had flown a few other birds and got the HellBender out for a fly. I wasn't in the air a minute or so when all of the sudden I lost complete control of the bird and it dive-bombed into the ground. It was very close to me with no obstructions so I know it wasn't a range issue. I just checked everything in BF and all looks good. Motors all come up to speed, ESC's appear to be functioning properly. Just thought I'd get some opinions from you guys before I rip it apart again.

I happened to have the video camera out so I have a clip from it as well. This video has 3-15 second clips of the accident. The first is from my FatSharks, the second from the GoPro and the third from the video camera. Fortunately, it didn't get banged up too bad but it took me an hour or so to find the GoPro. The Battery was dislodged and the strap broken and the GoPro was ejected.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Jerry

maybe a power interruption? ive had issues with the female part of some of my xt60 connectors. i had to put an exacto knife blade into the pins inside the female end and spread them for better contact
(cant be that, you never lost power to your camera and transmitter, must be in the fc)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jtrjr
Yeah, contact on the Lipo is good and as you said the FS clip shows that the battery was there and in range. I'm really being meticulous with my wiring and soldering. I might have to dump all of these motors, these are the ones that I think may be knockoffs. I replaced one of them but I might have to scrap them all just to rule them out. I'm glad I had the FPV camera all the way into the frame.

Jerry

sounds like a good place to start. just 1 bad motor could have caused that crash

Jerry ...you have got this video stuff down to a science!!!
I am sorry for your bird.

Enjoy the lake

Keith

Okay, replaced all motors on the HellBender, getting ready to give him a go!

Jerry
good luck, just got to my spot, gonna try and pry some footage out of this pos camera before i send it back. With any luck, i'll post a vid in a bit

Reactions: Jtrjr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MopacFPV