Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Anyone here using Crossfire with a Q X7? **SOLVED**

graywoulf

Reaction score
*Well, it was simple. :rolleyes: All I had to do was turn off the Internal Tx mode and turn on the External Tx mode and set it to CRSF. Now to complete the rest of the setup. ;)
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I bought the TBS Crossfire Lite module for my Taranis Q X7 and I plugged it into the JR module bay on the back and when I power up the Tx, the Crossfire module does not come on. It will power up if I plug in a battery and it seems to be functioning correctly from that source. I can't find any troubleshooting information on this anywhere other than to make sure that the pins in the bay are not bent or broken, and they look perfect. I installed an newly charged 2S battery into the Tx as well.

I have updated the Q X7's firmware and bootloader as well as the firmware update for the Crossfire module. This is baffling as well as frustrating. So, if any of you can offer any advice on this, I will be most grateful. Thanks.

Last edited:
Good to know. I have a mini Crossfire module kit with 5 receivers from 2 Christmases ago that I haven't even tried yet. That knowledge may come in handy for me if I ever do the switchover. I may get a Jumper TX16 Pro for that though. A lot of people have recommended that for Crossfire. That or the new TBS Tango 2.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Sounds like you are set up pretty well with Crossfire components. I am interested in the Jumper TX16 Pro too but I am going to wait until I know for sure that they have found a different way to wire the switches other than the ribbon cables that are failing. Then when I do get one, I will sell my Q X7 and my FlySky FS-i6 Transmitters. I plan on going to Crossfire for all of my quads eventually.

Reactions: NeoCloneOne
You have exactly the same radios as I have. So I am in the same boat as you. Haha. Hmmm... gonna hold off on the Jumper T16 Pro as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax