Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Arm Reinforcement for DJI FPV - Original or 3rd Party?

dawaske

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I just ordered a DJI FPV Combo and can’t wait to do my first rodeo :) To prepare I watched some YT-videos and learned about the arm reinforcements you can equip your DJI FPV with for better crash protection - I will definitely install those! The question just is: can I go cheap and get a 3rd party pair from Aliexpress for 5$ or should I invest some 20$ for the original ones?
Cheers,
Daniel

Welcome to the forum. I bought the OEM ones when I got mine.
For the money that’s what I would suggest.

Reactions: careless
I didn’t even know there were 3rd Party units. I purchased the DJI Braces shortly after the FPV. I flew with them on for a few flights, but for Normal & Sport I didn’t feel they were needed. When I transition from Sim manual mode to reality, I may put them back on.

My biggest wear point is props… if you get into a bush or tree, props are destroyed quickly. The arms for these contacts are strong, I’ve not had any impacts that would require braces. That said, I think the material of the DJI Braces is a good choice… something gotta absorb the impact and the braces material helps transfer that energy to the brace not the Arm’s shoulder.

Well it splits it up to 2 arms' shoulders, so if depending on the crash you might get 2 broken arms instead of 1 :)
They also eats a good minute and a half of flight time when flying fast.

Well it splits it up to 2 arms' shoulders, so if depending on the crash you might get 2 broken arms instead of 1 :)
They also eats a good minute and a half of flight time when flying fast.
Wow, knew it created drag... that's substantial at 1-plus minute.
Good to know!

In my first crash, the right arm got broken. 2 weeks for repair. Now I fly with the arms on until I am more experienced. That said, if you practice at say 400 feet, no need for arms. But, the fpv can also land hard during your landing practices. The plastic is very rigid and brittle. Why they didnt go for carbon fibre I dont know. More manu costs yes but better for their reputation

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232