Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Avata Battery Difficult to Remove - Tips on Releasing Clips?

KJack91986

Reaction score
I have 4 Avata batteries, and have the same problem with all of them: Seems much more difficult to hold the release clips in and pull the battery out than it should . I've watched several different "Getting Started" videos, so am confident I'm duplicating the techniques I'm seeing. I'm not advising anyone to do what I've resorted to, which is using a pair of wide-mouth plastic pipe pliers (with hard plastic jaws) to depress/hold the battery clips enough and pull them out. I'm curious to know if others experience this problem and any solutions they might offer.

I've never had an issue but in the beginning it did seem hard to do. Recommended to have the Avata on a flat surface and give the battery a little wiggle when pulling it out. Really have to only pinch the little tabs on the side, it's easy squeeze more than that.

Reactions: KJack91986
That's a tough one, 'cause you don't want to modify it in any way to make it easier. You'll create a whole new problem with tossing batteries every time you have a mild crash/tumble.

Can be the difference between recovering with turtle mode and taking off again, or a long walk. Or beeping ESCs making finding it much easier.

I've had the pleasure of using both features. It would have been extremely painful if I didn't have power, and one time I never would have found it in tall grass without the beeping.

My first thought is to get a 6" Quick Grip (Amazon) :

41oZuDkBH3L._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Small enough to fit in a flight kit, uniform pressure and linear motion while clamping, very fast to clamping and release, in contrast to a C-clamp. Also, the clamping pressure comes from your entire grip rather than just thumb and forefinger.

In fact, be careful not to get too excited and crush/damage the battery! Used with care, this is probably a good solution for anyone whose fingers have lost flexibility and strength.

That's a tough one, 'cause you don't want to modify it in any way to make it easier. You'll create a whole new problem with tossing batteries every time you have a mild crash/tumble.

Can be the difference between recovering with turtle mode and taking off again, or a long walk. Or beeping ESCs making finding it much easier.

I've had the pleasure of using both features. It would have been extremely painful if I didn't have power, and one time I never would have found it in tall grass without the beeping.

My first thought is to get a 6" Quick Grip (Amazon) :

41oZuDkBH3L._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Small enough to fit in a flight kit, uniform pressure and linear motion while clamping, very fast to clamping and release, in contrast to a C-clamp. Also, the clamping pressure comes from your entire grip rather than just thumb and forefinger.

In fact, be careful not to get too excited and crush/damage the battery! Used with care, this is probably a good solution for anyone whose fingers have lost flexibility and strength.
Great suggestion! I'm going to try that out. Thanks!

Yeah, and they're great for clamping stuff too! got some 3 footers 30 years old still going strong...

• Haha
Oh of course... always physically disconnect the battery first!

funny how they are really tough to remove, but in a crash the fly away. I have used 2 fpv battery straps to make sure it doesnt happen to me, OriginalDobo also has some nice custom ones in his Etsy store.

I have a very hard time releasing the battery because I have debilitating arthritis at the base of my thumbs. Even when they don't hurt like hell because I get injections my thumbs no longer have the strength. However DJI had some foresight and designed the battery to pop out during crashes, so hey, as long as it works..........:p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232