Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Remote control will not bind to Avata aircraft.

John Gowland

Reaction score
I've always had issues binding the r/c to the Avata, seems every time I change a battery, I have to do it again. I have two aircraft and I have the same issue with both. The r/c has taken a knock some months ago and has a protruding bit of plastic. But have always been able to bind them in the end. I have also downloaded the latest upgrades today and still I cannot bind them.
I hold the power button on the r/c until it starts beeping then do the same to the aircraft so all green lights on the battery are flashing. It sometimes takes a few attempts, but it does bind. Today I have spent hours trying to bind them and they will just not bind, and I have tried both aircraft.

Any ideas?

Thanks

You do have the goggles powered and bound, right?

If the remote is older and came with an FPV it needs to be updated and will have binding issues if not.

Thanks Kilrah, the goggles bind very quickly. I am downloading the latest DJI Assistant 2 to attempt to update the r/c. DJI recommended updating it with the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) but that did not work. I spent the better part of today trying to get this thing to work at least as well as it has been. Got fed up with it and flew the flawless MM 2 without any problems at a beautiful sunset. I am not the only one with this issue must be the most difficult time I have had with DJI gear at least for a long time.

Should work with both the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) and DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone series)

Spent ages on the DJI Forum. Whilst there were so many willing to help DJI really messed up with this.
"The reason I am so angry is that I never expected this from DJI I kept trying over and over because I did not believe DJI could make such a mess of this."

Not just me but many people have gone through this very poorly planned process and I bet there are many that just gave up, put their gear in a cupboard and started building model train sets.

Well I am not going to say it was worth it because I had a horrible day yesterday trying to get my dead Avata in the air. When it did eventually work today it was excellent. After all the updates to the aircraft and the controller it bound itself and after multiple flights today I never needed to bind it again after several battery changes. And it came with the FCC settings releasing all three channels and I could go very far in the open sky and more importantly 100s of meters in a thick jungle. Amazing!

Edit
Oh and no need to attach a phone?

Reactions: Texas Red
Spent ages on the DJI Forum. Whilst there were so many willing to help DJI really messed up with this.
"The reason I am so angry is that I never expected this from DJI I kept trying over and over because I did not believe DJI could make such a mess of this."
I wouldn’t blame DJI my friend

Reactions: Kilrah
Many people complained of the same issue. When DJI finally got it right, it worked like a dream. The process is now faultless. You do not need any special cables and just follow the instructions and it now works first time. Take a look at the DJI forum, it is littered with people complaining about the process not working for days on end.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbystrek