Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Avata going bye bye? (30% off sale?!)

CactusJackSlade

Reaction score
SO.... when you see DJI offering 30% off hasn't that, in the past, meant either a big change coming or getting discontinued?

IMO, they should have made one of the main feature of the Avata a follow me drone. Since Skydio consumer drones are going away, and based on the clues from that poll/questionnaire from DJI a few months ago it would not surprise me if they were coming out with a Follow Me drone.

I was wondering the same, with the significant price cut. It feels like something new is on the way. However, don't they already have a reasonably competent and popular follow me drone in the Mini3 and Mini4? I was wondering if a Sub250g FPV drone might be coming out... I'd certainly be interested if they did come out with that, as the main thing that puts me off the Avata is the weight and more onerous restrictions that come with it for where I'd want to be flying it.

It was on sale for Black Friday ...and about a week after that...then back to its regular price for about a week and back on sale up until Christmas Eve...current sale is from 13, January...until the end of the month

Hot rumors on YouTube from very reliable sources say a Avata 2 and new goggles will be coming out very soon

Search for Mads Tech. Reviewers already have them

Your first generation Avata will not fly poorly, different, or anything else just because a newer model is coming out. And you probably paid a lot less than I did. AS I HEAR IT, the differences are obstacle avoidance upgrade and a bigger battery (old Avata batteries won't work on the newer model---unlike the Mavic series) and doing something about the washout issue. These things don't rattle me. In fact my favorite is the DJI FPV and it has been pushed to the back of the class for a while!

It's OK...I didn't want to pay more....and I think I am going to have a hard enough time figuring out how to use this one...I would probably never figure out the new stuff.....I am still trying to figure out what Return to Home is on my Mini 2 :cool:...just kidding

I thought a refurbished one from DJI for $550! It still had stickers on it.

Greg from Pilot Institute usually is on the inside track and he didn't mention it yesterday on his weekly update...

Reactions: careless
I was wondering the same, with the significant price cut. It feels like something new is on the way. However, don't they already have a reasonably competent and popular follow me drone in the Mini3 and Mini4? I was wondering if a Sub250g FPV drone might be coming out... I'd certainly be interested if they did come out with that, as the main thing that puts me off the Avata is the weight and more onerous restrictions that come with it for where I'd want to be flying it.
I think their Mavic 3 is a great follow me drone with the new firmware update and full sensors all the way around.

That figures.....I just bought one the other day
My understanding the earliest will be September 2024 so you will get some good flying time with it.

Reactions: MARK (LI)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18