Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Avata vs Mini 3 pro

Jimgnv

Reaction score
I've acquired the mini to augment my avata since I can use the MC 2 to fly the mini as well (and the mini is way quieter and flies a lot longer). I do have a question for you seasoned DJI flyers. I got the integra/mc 2 paired up to the mini with no issue but I get beeping for a few mins and a screen warning that doesn't go away indicating an unbound device........it's paired up and flying the mini fine.

What's the difference between pairing and binding?

How do I bind it to get rid of the warning stuff?

Couldn't find anything in the DJI site faqs etc although my look up terminology may not be helping....lol

Thanks,

Jim

I've acquired the mini to augment my avata since I can use the MC 2 to fly the mini as well (and the mini is way quieter and flies a lot longer). I do have a question for you seasoned DJI flyers. I got the integra/mc 2 paired up to the mini with no issue but I get beeping for a few mins and a screen warning that doesn't go away indicating an unbound device........it's paired up and flying the mini fine.

What's the difference between pairing and binding?

How do I bind it to get rid of the warning stuff?

Couldn't find anything in the DJI site faqs etc although my look up terminology may not be helping....lol

Thanks,

Jim
Check out this post from the DJI forums.

Thanks for your help.

So I want to fly the mini with the RC controller or the integra/mc 2 depending on the type of flight. So it appears I have to unbind and re- bind when I switch controllers. This is a pain, since I'll often want to use both controllers, on different flights, when out in the field but won't have an internet connection.

However, it looks like I've got a bigger problem. Status menu, in the goggles, indicates that I can only fly 4 more times with the integra (the mini is apparently bound ok to the RC controller). It says I have to go to DJI Fly to change the binding but I have no access to DJI fly with the goggles (my phone won't run dji fly). My assumption is that I was successful with the RC controller because it's running dji fly.

I was able to activate, firmware update the integra and mc 2 on my computer using DJI Assistant 2. I'll check but I have a hunch that the assistant app won't help with binding.

I read the manuals before purchasing this equipment but saw nothing about this binding requirement, only firmware and activation info. Had I known of this binding requirement before hand, I wouldn't have spent the money buying the mini.........I'll check the DJI website to see if it's possible to do any of this in my account.....not holding my breath on that.

Although dji recently told me they don't know when the fly app will run on my galaxy s22 (it only lists up through s21), I thought I'd check it again. Yippee, dl'd the fly app and it's running!

Went to the suggested forum link:
To manually do the unbinding/binding, go to Profile>Device Management>Value-added service>Unbind RC/Bind New Device.
Unbind the bound remote controller first, then bind the new one you will be using.

Went to profile and both avata and mini bound to my account. Under value added service, the avata has nothing bound and the mini is bound to an unidentified serial number ( I assume it's the RC which is what I first flew it with). My problem is that there is no Unbind RC/Bind New Device available so unable to change bindings in the Fly app........

checked youtube for some help but searching on binding really only brings up pairing instructions, which is not a problem.

I'm getting close but not quite there..... :-(

Sounds incredibly frustrating. As DJI introduces more devices cross compatible between various controllers, goggles and drones, one would think that it should occur to them that pilots would wish to mix and match their devices.

Sounds incredibly frustrating. As DJI introduces more devices cross compatible between various controllers, goggles and drones, one would think that it should occur to them that pilots would wish to mix and match their devices.
Yes, it is. I'm taking a break from beating my head against it today. In another day or two, I'll try it some more but just not sure what it is I can try.........

Normally you just pair the drone and controller. Turn both on, hold the drone “on” button for four seconds and it beeps. Hold the controller button four seconds (or so) and it will beep and they should pair. You may get a warning on the screen to bind or unbind the previous controller but you can fly without binding it 5 times. The problem is that if it is bound and you have an accident, DJI doesn’t get the data it needs for fly away insurance. Or at least that’s my understanding. I have been able to follow this procedure and it’s relatively easy to swap controllers. The first time I swapped I did have to unbind my first controller but after that it seemed to work to just pair a different controller.

Normally you just pair the drone and controller. Turn both on, hold the drone “on” button for four seconds and it beeps. Hold the controller button four seconds (or so) and it will beep and they should pair. You may get a warning on the screen to bind or unbind the previous controller but you can fly without binding it 5 times. The problem is that if it is bound and you have an accident, DJI doesn’t get the data it needs for fly away insurance. Or at least that’s my understanding. I have been able to follow this procedure and it’s relatively easy to swap controllers. The first time I swapped I did have to unbind my first controller but after that it seemed to work to just pair a different controller.
Thanks, pairing is no problem. I think I solved the binding issue. I deleted dji fly off the phone and downloaded it again. Started from the beginning - unbound the rc and then bound the mc 2 and seems fine. Just got done with a couple of flights around the neighborhood.

In a few minutes, I'll unbind from the mini 3 and bind to the avata but now, I'm not expecting a problem......

Thanks to all weighing in with help/suggestions.

Jim

Reactions: KLRSKIR and Barbara

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput