Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

The Avata is incredible.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
Ive reached out to a couple of companies making padding for the original goggles and no one seems to be working on this yet. Its a shame, as they really need it

Now here is a funny thing. I have noticed that the goggles do not fit properly around your face I have to push them down on to the bridge of my nose. I noted this same problem was experienced by two guys who were reviewing the Avata. It is clear to me that the goggles were tested on asian faces which are flatter than a typical caucasian face, they tend to have bigger noses than say Chinese where the goggles were designed and made.
DJI you did not test them on caucasian faces only Chinese. Funny as, and I am certain that is what happend. Anyway there will be some third party foam that will alleviate the problem and produce a solution.
Ive got the older DJI v2 goggles and its the same thing , I get light leak right around my nose unless i squish them against my face

Then you want the "FPV Goggles 2", these have been available separately since the release of the DJI FPV.

The "DJI Goggles 2" that are bundled with the avata are not available separately at this point, but they are not compatible with anything else than the Avata either.
Yea and that really sucks

Mine is being delivered today, just the drone hopefully I have no stupid binding issues.

Ive reached out to a couple of companies making padding for the original goggles and no one seems to be working on this yet. Its a shame, as they really need it
The original v2 goggles you can get padding from new beedrone

Then they couldn't squeeze you for more money
I'm ready to buy as soon as someone makes something better. The stock padding isn't great (for my face at least).

I’m new to drones never owned one when I read about this avata with its ADS-B out it got my attention simply because I identified the jargon, instantly ordered one.
I am no whiz with apps and phones …anyway within a hour or so had it all working flew it visual to get the feel now I fly it with the goggles and I only say I’m thrilled.
I have set the height and distance to my comfort levels the low flight is great and have only had to use the RTH once during signal dropout around houses ( yes I know the regs …like in a car) but we still drive with enthusiasm 😉
I get around 13 - 15 mins out of a long slow charge using iPhone 20watt charger, have ordered the flymore batt kit …and it can’t get here fast enough.
To anyone who is skeptic I can say this is a real fun toy I am not using it for pictures or videos I purchased it for the flight exp and I’m loving it 🍺

Attachments

• 88197533-C505-4198-B5BF-1881230EE32C.jpeg
    88197533-C505-4198-B5BF-1881230EE32C.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: rktman
I’m new to drones never owned one when I read about this avata with its ADS-B out it got my attention simply because I identified the jargon, instantly ordered one.
I am no whiz with apps and phones …anyway within a hour or so had it all working flew it visual to get the feel now I fly it with the goggles and I only say I’m thrilled.
I have set the height and distance to my comfort levels the low flight is great and have only had to use the RTH once during signal dropout around houses ( yes I know the regs …like in a car) but we still drive with enthusiasm 😉
I get around 13 - 15 mins out of a long slow charge using iPhone 20watt charger, have ordered the flymore batt kit …and it can’t get here fast enough.
To anyone who is skeptic I can say this is a real fun toy I am not using it for pictures or videos I purchased it for the flight exp and I’m loving it 🍺
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

Go to the pilot check-in and introduce yourself :)

Reactions: Greg Vos

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax