Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Battery or charger issue

Fast and Curious

Reaction score
Here is the issue, 6th cell of 6s batteries is over charging to 4.29 volts. How bad is it, could I get a few important flights in without damaging it? Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks

What battery/cell is it? Some HV Lipos charge to 4.35, Are you using a balance charger?

It is a standard LiPo. I am balance charging. It might be time for a Hobbymate D6 Duo. 6s 1100mah CNHL blacks.

Looks like a standard 4.2V lipo, so if it was overcharged while it was on a balancing charger with the balance lead connected and in the right mode something is likely faulty with the charger.

The charger is meant to have a way to calibrate it but there seems to not have that capability.

Thank you for all the replies. I found the issue was the battery checker after testing the batteries with a charger and 2 multimeters. It was reading the 6th cell 0.15 volts too high.

Reactions: okw
I have an older version (their site shows it as a 2008 release date) and does have the feature...

There are countless copies of that charger around so it's most likely not an original and may have some differences.
Anyway looks like it's OK, so best not to mess with it. There wasn't any mention of another device being used to measure, so hard to guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya