Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Bind to Phone Number

JonD

Reaction score
Looking to see if anyone with the DJI FPV drone gets this error & isn’t allowed to fly until you plug the phone in?1F132507-A868-417B-89B0-30ABA8BBF035.jpeg6146FEF9-2CA0-4271-AA32-5C26CC1F28E2.jpeg

Disconnect phone, log out of the app, either make a new throwaway DJI account or use a friend's and log in with that, connect phone again.

Here's a suggestion from one of the mods in the DJI forum:

Clear cache the DJI Fly application by going to Main Page > Profile > Settings > Clear Cache. After this step please close the said application and place the drone in a location with strong GPS signal, turn on the drone, remote controller and the DJI Fly application.

And similar to what @Kilrah suggested, someone else there said to do this:

From DJI support, followed it (iOS) and it worked. No longer have to connect phone ever again!!!

A few notes:
- To log out of DJI fly app, go to profile->settings
- Clear the cache means the DJI fly app cache, can be found in profile->settings
- Log in a new account means create a new account that is just throwaway for now
- Power everything on means drone, goggle, controller

- log out of fly app
- clear the cache
- log back in using a new account
- clear the cache
- plug your phone into the goggles using the OTG Cable
- ensure the drone is outside for good gps reception
- power everything on
- wait for a good satellite lock
Power everything off
- unplug your phone
- log out of the fly app
- clear the cache
- log back in using your original account
- then plug the cable back into the googles
- turn everything back on
- wait for a good fix
- turn everything off
- unplug the cable
- turn everything back on to confirm the fix

Reactions: JonD
Thank you both; I’ll give that a try today

Follow up question is do you need to have your phone plugged in every time before you fly as after trying the cache clearing it still pops up after a re-log in & cycling

Last edited:
No you don't once the issue is fixed (I had it, and in addition to me finding a post about the other login I had a support ticket with dji in the meantime and that's also what they eventually officially suggested as a fix)

Note that I used an ios device to do the thing with the different login. Wouldn't be surprised it fails with android

Reactions: JonD
Ok created a new email account and did the log out/log in with the new account method described and was able to fly in all modes without the error or needing the phone plugged in.

Thank you again!

Reactions: Kilrah

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
az.lonewolf81