Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Can I put a 3 axis gimbal on a 5 inch 210-250mm quad?

Blakkflame559

Reaction score
Fairly new to fpv quads and am wondering if I can put a 3 axis gimbal on a 5” 6s quad since my jumper t pro radio has the slider wheels like a DJI fpv combo drone remote. If so please point me in the right direction. If not alternatives are greatly appreciated!! Stay safe and happy flying!!

It would depend on what camera you wished to gimbal and why. I think Runcam has/had a gimbal. Not sure about the 360s, etc. One problem is that a 3-axis gimbal needs to hang down essentially & that's more difficult to do from beneath while landing gear for clearance adds weight and additional complications.

In my experience, the internal stabilization of say a GoPro Hero 10 combined with low rates and docile flying can accomplish pretty much the same thing these days.

The Avata may produce some very good level video with Horizon Steady.

No one here has reviewed or demonstrated it yet.. If it works well,, it could make the Avata very powerful as a Cinewhoop, eliminating the need to mount a GoPro.

Also, you can export the gyro data with the video and do stabilization with better, external software.

Last edited:
No one here has reviewed or demonstrated it yet..

@John Gowland I believe posted this one, but he did some post treatment so can't say much quality wise :

I've done a quick ground test as I didn't expect it'd work beyond some angle but it actually does work all the way to 90° and pretty much doesn't move the slightest, impressive. Drawback is you only get "normal"/linear FOV (and can't see what you're shooting). Will have to see in daylight and flight how the quality is affected, it'll likely be uneven depending on angle.

Well, flying without stabilized video in the goggles is just, well, NORMAL for a cinewhoop... remember, traditionally a mounted GoPro is capturing the quality footage, not the flight camera. .

Noobs have no idea what a leap forward this drone is.

Found another location, pretty impressive, can't really see a difference in quality as stuff compensates. Probably need to force yourself to fly looking further up than you'd usually want because of the tight recorded angle.

Well, flying without stabilized video in the goggles is just, well, NORMAL for a cinewhoop...
My point was that typically the gopro would be set to similar FOV and angle as the flight camera so you have an idea of what you'll get but here it's much tighter if you use HS, no choice so you can easily end up with something you were sure to catch while flying that's actually out of frame/poorly framed on the recording.

Last edited:
Reactions: rktman
Wow, completely stabilized the roll!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya