Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Cannot "activate" Motion Controller through the DJI Fly app

CactusJackSlade

Reaction score
OK, I've been around DJI products since the Phantom first came out. I've never had this much difficulty activating or registering a product. The Motion Controller I just go will not activate??!

I have followed the DJI instructions, followed YouTube videos all to no avail.

Mind you the controller IS paired with the aircraft (I can tilt the camera, start/stop recording with the MC) , but remains locked until it is "activated". The directions basically say to turn everything on, be sure everything is connected (they are), plug into your mobile device (I did) turn on the DJI Fly app and follow the instructions. we, no instructions appear anywhere, there is really no menu per se and only a guide o how to connect to your mobile device.

It's almost like the app is not functional?

I will add that this is a second hand purchase (in perfect shape, almost new) but it was not mine originally - could it be that the drone, goggles and other controller were activated by the previous owner and it won't accept my activation on my DJI account?

Any tips?

I think the issue might be my phone Samsung S10 not recognizing the USB... looks like it is not connecting to the goggles - is there another way to activate the MC?

OK, GOT IT! Found the info on the DJI forum - I had the adapter cable backwards!

For those others that had same issue:

Plug the OTG cable INTO THE GOGGLES, then plug the USB-A to USB-C cable to the OTG cable, and plug the USB-C end of the cable into your phone.

If you reverse the connection (phone -> OTG cable -> USB cable -> goggles), it won't work! It has to be goggles -> OTG cable -> USB cable -> phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232