Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Commercial Work

gcopter1

Reaction score
Waiting to see if anyone has any opinion or actual case use, for the Avata in the commercial world.
The Avata, is small enough to film indoors, that's pretty much a given, but, how about outdoors? Is the camera up to par video/photograph wise?
I"m looking to substitute my A2S with this drone, mainly because I believe, the Avata, can squeeze into spaces the A2S just can't or would otherwise, have a hard time with.
Would just like to hear anyone's opinion on how this new drone, would fit in a commercial workflow.

TIA.

That's easy! Indoors.

Many businesses are good candidates for indoor drone footage as part of advertising and promotion.

Also, while I've never seen it mentioned, close inspection of inaccessible areas seems an ideal use of the Avata, again especially indoors, but exterior seems viable as well.

With VPS and the ability to fly very effectively in angle mode (DJI Normal,Sport, and Cine) and hover precisely, this really is an entirely new and much more capable whoop than the current offerings available.

The tiny size, stability, and robustness with ducted props enables commercial inspection possibilities that are simply impossible for regular camera drones.

Reactions: gcopter1
That's easy! Indoors.
Many businesses are good candidates for indoor drone footage as part of advertising and promotion.
Also, while I've never seen it mentioned, close inspection of inaccessible areas seems an ideal use of the Avata, again especially indoors, but exterior seems viable as well.
With VPS and the ability to fly very effectively in angle mode (DJI Normal,Sport, and Cine) and hover precisely, this really is an entirely new and much more capable whoop than the current offerings available.
The tiny size, stability, and robustness with ducted props enables commercial inspection possibilities that are simply impossible for regular camera drones.
Newbie question: If you're using the DJI Goggles 2 and Remote Controller 2 or Motion Controller, can you pilot the Avata around inside a building if there are walls or floors between you and the drone?

Newbie question: If you're using the DJI Goggles 2 and Remote Controller 2 or Motion Controller, can you pilot the Avata around inside a building if there are walls or floors between you and the drone?
I don't see why not. Distances are so short there shouldn't be any signal issues.

An Avata could inspect the interior of a lot of commercial HVAC ductwork, for example.

I watched a review yesterday, I don't remember who's review I watched but with the older version of the goggles (V2?) the signal would penetrate several walls, with the new goggles, not quite as strong.

Following up on the commercial application question:
I have been using the Air 2s pretty much since it came out for roof and chimney inspections. I'm new to FPV and wonder if anyone can tell me if it might work for crawlspace inspections. It would need to be able to fly slowly and fly very close to the ground in a confined space without setting off RTH. When I got the Part 107 license and the Air2 S it was a game changer (no more ladders). Wondering if the Avata would do the same thing for a crawlspace- and a spotter would be unnecessary. Any advice?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232