Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI Avata (DJI's first cinewhoop drone)

how do you do a quick orbit at full speed?
What does that have to do with "quickest way to crash a drone?"

I agree with Joost. In fact, the quickest way to crash a drone is put a stick controller in the hands of a noob.

@nilreb, reproduce a video like this with the sticks. To make a fair comparison you have to do it in Sport mode, you can't use Manual.

I'm very interested in your report on trying to fly AND dynamically and continuously control gimbal pitch at the same time.

If you can do it, immense props and respect!! I'm a pretty experienced pilot and I can't, not a prayer.

I can in Manual. I don't have to with MC.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I’m not saying the motion controller is better than normal controller and it has many limitations. But I am saying it makes some fun flying very easy and unless you do something stupid, it would be hard to crash
I agree, the MC is a great way to indroduce a kid to flying - very intuitive and reflexive for today's game controller generation.

@nilreb, reproduce a video like this with the sticks. To make a fair comparison you have to do it in Sport mode, you can't use Manual.

I'm very interested in your report on trying to fly AND dynamically and continuously control gimbal pitch at the same time.
I wouldn't want to because it looks too wobbly / floaty / not "natural" due to how the GPS modes work - so definitely manual to avoid that.

My point is, the operation of the MC produces a visual experience similar to what you can achieve with Manual mode flight without having to fly Manual.

In the end, it's the experience that matters most, especially with FPV.

What does that have to do with "quickest way to crash a drone?"

I agree with Joost. In fact, the quickest way to crash a drone is put a stick controller in the hands of a noob.
Oohhh a noob

Oohhh a noob
Yeah, noobs. The target market for the Avata.

You have some prejudice against noobies? I rather enjoy sharing this fun hobby with them.

EDIT: And before the Motion Controller, it was basically impossible.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax