Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI Avata - FCC Hack - UK

Ja63p8

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I bought my DJI Avata new, the combo pack with some extras and have updated everything Firmware wise - each battery, goggles, Avata and DJI Remote Controller 2 (I dont like the motion controller).

I live on the UK Coast and also near woods, all private land which I have permission to fly on. Problem is the range, roughly when the drone is 100-150m from me, signal lags, when flying in the woods.
I would like to install the FCC hack for this Avata purely to increase the Goggle range.

The latest update on 8th December, 2022 seems to have locked me changing the setting on the Goggles

Transmission - Channel Mode **The old update let you click on the Channel mode to put into manual, the new update does not let you click on this**

This a video from September 2022 before the new Firmware update, allowing you to click on the Channel Mode......

Any ideas please?

Last edited:
All you need is the empty ham_cfg_support file on the goggles' SD card.

Hi all,

So I bought my DJI Avata new, the combo pack with some extras and have updated everything Firmware wise - each battery, goggles, Avata and DJI Remote Controller 2 (I dont like the motion controller).

I live on the UK Coast and also near woods, all private land which I have permission to fly on. Problem is the range, roughly when the drone is 100-150m from me, signal lags, when flying in the woods.
I would like to install the FCC hack for this Avata purely to increase the Goggle range.

The latest update on 8th December, 2022 seems to have locked me changing the setting on the Goggles

Transmission - Channel Mode **The old update let you click on the Channel mode to put into manual, the new update does not let you click on this**

This a video from September 2022 before the new Firmware update, allowing you to click on the Channel Mode......

Any ideas please?
Hi, I have the same problem anyone can help please 🙏

I have the same problem and I wasn't aware of this beforehand, how can I solve this issue ?

I am also having a similar issue, I put the ham file on there, can see the 3 channels in manual, but still seem to be experiencing signal drop out after around 500m, any tips on the transmission settings or anything? Should I put it back on auto or what band is best? I can't change it to 2.4Ghz, it's stuck on 5.8 with the box greyed out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone