Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV Combo - new battery question

prz3mk0

Reaction score
Hello fellow DJI FPV pilots,

Few months ago I purchased DJI FPV Fly More Kit with 2 new batteries but never had enough time/good weather to actually use them so they are still not activated. Presuming that I won't have enough time/good weather until summer (June/July) should I just leave them as is (not activated) or should I charge them and let them self discharge? I am asking since I read in one of the manuals (either for FPV or MA2) that batteries should be fully charged at least once every 3 months.

Thank you!

I would charge and test them, not unheard of to have batteries delivered dead because of being stored too long at the retailer.
Would also not have left them linger around after purchase, always best to test things in case they happen to be defective and need exchange within the easy period.

I would charge and test them, not unheard of to have batteries delivered dead because of being stored too long at the retailer.
Would also not have left them linger around after purchase, always best to test things in case they happen to be defective and need exchange within the easy period.
On the charger now Thank you!

I had one stuck in hibernation mode and they replaced it as it was within the first few days of buying, def recommended to test asap

Reactions: RUFFSTUFF
I had one stuck in hibernation mode and they replaced it as it was within the first few days of buying, def recommended to test asap
Me too.

Charged both twice - I let them auto discharge 1st time around and made it to fly them out 2nd time. No problems. Thanks for all the replies.

I ordered a FPV Fly more direct from DJI in early Feb 2022. Both batteries arrived were DOA. I had to setup a repair ticket. After sending the FPV Fly more kit back to DJI and almost a month later, I got my adapter and two 'new' batteries in the box. One worked, one DOA... DJI is having me open yet another repair ticket and sending the second DOA battery back. Very frustrating that almost 2 months later I still don't have 2 working batteries! Make sure you check them when you get them or you may be sorry! DJI doesn't just ship you new ones, they have to go in for 'repair' and even if they send you a bad battery back, they close the case as done and you have to open a new case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone