Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV Drone Distance

I may try at some point but right now range is acceptable as I really only fly over or near my own property anyway

Reactions: FPV Flier
redid the dji fpv stock ant test flights for both 2.4 and 5.8ghz , so I can compare directly with the the digieyes v2.

looking at this footage and the bitrate, I think the Digieyes are definitely better both in range and penetration.
its more noticable on the 5.8ghz tests flights, as the stock antennas feel really 'on the edge'.
and whilst the 2.4ghz, is ok at 1km on stock, you can still see an improvement on the digieyes

of course, this is deliberately tested at 25mW (CE), so we can see the issues... at 1400mW (FCC) , we'll see the same, but just much further out.
similarly, the range part of my test flight - I try to keep at around 25m altitude, there is no doubt, if you get a bit of height you'll pick up a bit more signal.

as for @A.O. issues with trees, would it help? I suspect it would, as Im seeing improvements in penetration - but its hard to say for sure, as each situation is different - that said, they are not that expensive, so might be worth a try - if you find range is an issue.

anyway... just now need to pull all the video together and edit it, then you'll be able to see the footage and numbers yourself.
Hi thetechnobear, any new news on your distance test?

I find with the fcc hack, I'm out of battery and need to r t h

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya