Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV LIMITED DISTANCE AND ALTITUDE HELP PLEASE

BriSo

Reaction score
I have had my DJI FPV for a couple months now. I like the product, but the 50 Meter radius and 30 meter altitude limitation is useless to me. At first I was under the impression that I was in a no-fly zone in my city. A few days ago I drove out of town after having checked the no fly map of my province. I went to a place which were for sure not a no-fly zone only to experience the same problem.

I am fairly inexperienced in this, but what am I doing wrong? Please….any comments are greatly appreciated.

Power everything up, connect the phone to the goggles, launch the app, log out and log in again.

something is wrrong with your setup :(

check the setttings in the goggle, (I think under safety) there are two settings for altitude limit, and distance limit.
altitude max is 500m , distance can be set to unlimited.

The 50/30 limit is what every DJI aircraft limits you to if not logged in, unrelated to the limits you can set yourself.
On others the app needs to be connected to unlock it, on the FPV it's a little different since it's meant to be used without the app, but it's a little buggy. On mine initially I did have to connect the app after every power on to unlock. Solution was to log in with a different DJI account, then it stayed unlocked.

I am responding to my own post….
I called DJI Tech support and got help. They had me try logging in with my phone etc, but it didnt help. So, I deleted the Dji Fly app, turned my phone off (iPhone 11 Pro Max), and rebooted it, downloaded the app again, and were able to get the phone registered to my account. Bingo! The “Aircraft Not Bound To Telephone’ message dissapeared from the display in the goggles….I’m good to go :)

I hope this will help others whom may experience the same problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax