Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV replacement

msa

Reaction score
Hey,

I have crashed my DJI FPV into a total loss condition :(

Before I buy a replacement, I would like a small consultation.

I am a nab with all regards to FTP flying - managed nicely with it on Sport and regular mode but didnt had the confidence to try the manual mode - ( crashed the drone directly into a tree at full speed - was distracted by my dogs and didn't notice that i didn't release the RC..)
Now to the question - is there a low cost drone - something around the 100USD give or take that I can train with and that also can connect to the DJI Goggles and RC?

Thanks!

The goggles could be used with analog quads but you'd have to buy a receiver for them and use another transmitter. Other than that to use the goggles and RC you'd need something with a Caddx Vista or DJI O3 unit, those will come for a lot more than $100.
Could suggest an Avata since it works the same way as the FPV but is way more robust.

Buy one on eBay from a reputable seller: I got mine for $225 and it was in near perfect condition.

Just saw this on EBay:

IMG_5060.png

Reactions: Kilrah
I am serious thinking of picking up a backup or two bc they will skyrocket in price when DJI discontinues them.

Reactions: Kilrah
Hey,

I am a nab with all regards to FTP flying - managed nicely with it on Sport and regular mode but didnt had the confidence to try the manual mode - ( crashed the drone directly into a tree at full speed - was distracted by my dogs and didn't notice that i didn't release the RC..)
Now to the question - is there a low cost drone - something around the 100USD give or take that I can train with and that also can connect to the DJI Goggles and RC?

Thanks!
Send to dji for repair estimate. They are often in 180 - 200 range and they send u a new or good refurb if you opt for the “repair.” No downside to tryin for you

Hey,

Thanks!
I recently crashed my FPV as well, broken upper and lower frame, two arms broken, etc. My Care Refresh expired long ago, but I sent it off to DJI anyway. I expected to be billed several hundred dollars. They charged me $98 and send me a just-like-new refurbished FPV drone.

Reactions: SWTSU
I never crashed mine, but gave up on it as soon as I picked up a proper quad. Now my DJI FPV is just a tool to teach friends and family, and I basically never fly it myself anymore because it flies like a cinderblock compared to any of my other drones.

It's a great teaching tool and if you need more time to get comfortable with manual flying it's probably worth it to try and get a cheap replacement, either from DJI or a reputable seller on eBay like some have suggested. Otherwise, speaking from experience, putting down the DJI and picking up something that will still work with your existing goggles might be the best decision you'll ever make.

Usually a few enthusiast quads with Vistas or something similar hanging around the local FB Marketplace. That's how I got my first vista-equipped quad, an old BetaFPV X-Knight 35, for $150 Canadian in decent shape. That think has now been bashed around like crazy, full throttle into walls, overhangs, fences, the ground, etc and is still going strong. If you're not crashing (because you're afraid you'll break something expensive, like the fragile potato) then it's very difficult to progress as a pilot.

Reactions: Dan
Did you change the FPV to the Aikon prop adapters? I am using those adapters with Gemfan 5236 props and the FPV flies great now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18