Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV Simulator

Only out for iOS at this point, no idea if they'll make an android version but I'd imagine so since it's made with Unreal Engine anyway..

Got the DJI sim up and running. It’s very obvious I won’t be flying full manual in real life for some time; not intuitive at all! Trying to decide if I’m a thumb-er or pinch-er. Anyway thought on FOV? App default is 95 but DJI FPV is 150; should I try to match? Max is 120 so that’s what I’m flying at in the goggle.

Got the DJI sim up and running. It’s very obvious I won’t be flying full manual in real life for some time; not intuitive at all! Trying to decide if I’m a thumb-er or pinch-er. Anyway thought on FOV? App default is 95 but DJI FPV is 150; should I try to match? Max is 120 so that’s what I’m flying at in the goggle.
FOV is pretty important as you will use the information coming into and leaving your FOV to make decisions on when to apply throttle, add stick inputs etc. I would match as best as possible to the FOV you will fly in real life.

Reactions: Noobnoobnoob
I cant seem to get my motion controller to go into M mode on the simulator, any idea why? It keeps saying M mode temporarily unavailable.

The DJI sim has enabled me to finally fly acro. Might not be great but i found it quite similar to the way the quad actually flies, and I'm fact it was easier in real life after about 5 hours on the sim.

The DJI sim has enabled me to finally fly acro. Might not be great but i found it quite similar to the way the quad actually flies, and I'm fact it was easier in real life after about 5 hours on the sim.
Nice to know.... unfortunately I'm Android... maybe my wife will let me install the app on her Apple phone ;-) I really want to go full manual and acro, but so far I've ben chicken to flip that switch!

Nice to know.... unfortunately I'm Android... maybe my wife will let me install the app on her Apple phone ;-) I really want to go full manual and acro, but so far I've ben chicken to flip that switch!
Fly high and keep your finger on that brake button! Oh, and sit down, the disorientation is pretty huge. Had a professional drone / helicopter pilot friend who actually got motion sickness.

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
Tell
Tell your wife she will be able to watch you flying on her phone, while you look in the goggles. Once she's seen the action, she may even take over your fpv, and if course you can delete once you no longer need it. (Maybe add flowers and chocs as inducement)

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
Well, I purchased and downloaded Liftoff (mandatory to create an account and sign up to STEAM, which is a Gaming software Company distributor) I could not find where to just download the software. :mad:

I got everything downloaded, installed etc. The Liftoff opens fine but does not see my controller. On my laptop my DJI controller shows un devices as "C5", but says "Driver is unavailable" even though I can see it through the DJI Fly app.

Anyone know if there is a specific place to download a driver for the FPV controller? Any other suggestions?

Thank you :)

Attachments

• NoControllerDriver.jpg
    NoControllerDriver.jpg
    903.2 KB · Views: 1
Has anyone used this simulator with an Ipad mini ?
If yes - which one?
I have tried and was unable to. I couldn’t get passed login…it’s like it isn’t compatible or something, but it will work on a regular iPad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232