Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Do battery mah ratings affect amperage output?

Noobnoobnoob

Reaction score
In other words, I just got a 4S quad that is suggested to use with batteries around 200 Mah though reviewers have used up to 600 with great success. Unfortunately the 450 mahbatteries I had one brand new, one with a couple of charges, both are down one cell and the charger will not even try, being that it is a Vista unit, I need to power it so I can activate it bind it etc. Only 4S batteries I have are 850 may, and as my name implies (yeah still) I am a noob and don't want to risk damage to my new addition to the fam. Any suggestion will be welcome, thanks. Just as a side note, has anyone here purchased Tattoo 4S batteries and have more than one with a dead cell or more? I got this from Grayson Hobbies and they did not even entertain my emails, absolutely no response except to tell me that I was writing to CS and I should write support, neither responded to multiple emails. Never again will I entertain buying anything from them.

I am not sure what the question is here. The 2 things that effect a batteries amperage output are c rating and mah. If your battery is 200mah and 10c you can draw 2000ma. In summary you multiply the batteries capacity by c rating.
For example 500mah x 80c = 40amps. One reason your batteries could b failing is if the quad is flown until it drops. Tattu is a well known brand.

Reactions: okw
If the question is "will a battery that can give more amps break something" the answer is no, it only gives the current it's asked for by the device it powers. It just needs to be capable of delivering at least what will be drawn.

Reactions: Dan and okw
Thanks for the responses, as for the tattoos mine were brand new, one never used, just charged for storage, the other used twice then storage charge after last use and within a week went to charge again an the charger refused one cell dead. Never drained completely.

If I understand the question, then yes, there is a loose connection between capacity and max amps, that becomes less related the larger the capacity. You won't find a 3.7V 40C 150mah battery because of physical limitation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232