Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Eachine wizard x220s will not respond to sticks after being armed. Noobzilla

montanazane

Reaction score
Hello! First time quad human here. I've spent a few hours trying to find this issue resolved before posting. I got my taranis qx7 bound to my receiver on my eachine wizard x220s. The control inputs are appearing in betaflight just fine. I can spin up the motors using betaflight to speeds above and idle but when I take the quad outside, bind the transmitter and arm the quad my motors just spin at an idle and do not respond to any input. I can hear the quad responding to my auxiliary switches as well. I have video output to my goggles as well. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? I did have to disable the accelerator to get my quad to arm. (the mode icon would not turn yellow in the mode menu). Sorry if this is a repeat question. Thanks for your help!

Hello! First time quad human here. I've spent a few hours trying to find this issue resolved before posting. I got my taranis qx7 bound to my receiver on my eachine wizard x220s. The control inputs are appearing in betaflight just fine. I can spin up the motors using betaflight to speeds above and idle but when I take the quad outside, bind the transmitter and arm the quad my motors just spin at an idle and do not respond to any input. I can hear the quad responding to my auxiliary switches as well. I have video output to my goggles as well. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? I did have to disable the accelerator to get my quad to arm. (the mode icon would not turn yellow in the mode menu). Sorry if this is a repeat question. Thanks for your help!
Bit weird you would have to disable accelerometer to get it to arm as both angle and horizon mode need it work with the gyro to give you stability when flying. Acro doesn’t need the accelerometer but flying in that mode is another story...
I’m assuming that your channel mapping is correct i.e. AETR1234 or a combination of the first letters corresponds with your throttle, pitch, yaw and roll on your QX7. It would be noticeable when you’re in Betaflight moving the levers around.
From memory the wizard runs multi shot 125 (?) esc protocol. Without seeing screenshots of your modes tab, I usually have a switch for arming, another for modes (angle, horizon) and others for beeper, turtle mode etc. you need to be sure when you set them up that you adjust the sliders for each so that they don’t clash with each other when selected. Maybe also check you have Airmode on in the config page.
My first two quads were wizards and whilst I haven’t flown them in ages, they were pretty simple to set up so I suspect the fix will be simple.

I ended up clearing my settings and trying again. Joshua Bardwell was nice enough to message me directly on facebook and gave me some advice as well. I was trying to set my rates PID's and a bunch of other settings before a first flight. I suspect I may have set something wrong. After re-setting to default and assigning my transmitter inputs the quad would arm no problem with the accelerometer activated. At this point the quad was responding to the transmitter and I was able to spin the motors up past the air mode idle. I put the props back on and went outside for the maiden flight. It was dark so I couldn't use the fpv but I had a blast anyway! Thanks for the advice tevek. I really appreciate it. :)

https://www.facebook.com/greg.siple...84239613802804&notif_t=close_friend_activity#

I ended up clearing my settings and trying again. Joshua Bardwell was nice enough to message me directly on facebook and gave me some advice as well. I was trying to set my rates PID's and a bunch of other settings before a first flight. I suspect I may have set something wrong. After re-setting to default and assigning my transmitter inputs the quad would arm no problem with the accelerometer activated. At this point the quad was responding to the transmitter and I was able to spin the motors up past the air mode idle. I put the props back on and went outside for the maiden flight. It was dark so I couldn't use the fpv but I had a blast anyway! Thanks for the advice tevek. I really appreciate it. :)

Well done, go out and rip it up! Getting advice from the big man himself is bragging rights for a long, long time.
One other thing, go into Betaflight to the CLI tab, type in ‘dump’ and save your current quad setup to a file somewhere you can find it on your computer. If ever you make changes and the quad goes rogue, you can copy that file back into the CLI tab, hit save and restore your old settings.

https://www.facebook.com/greg.siple.1/posts/2597937160425418?notif_id=1584239613802804¬if_t=close_friend_activity#

I got out and flew with fpv at least five or six times today. I'm totally hooked. Thanks again for the advice! I'll be sure to keep backups as I inch forward. Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJAluzion