Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Emax hawk 5 bound to Taranis Q7 but no response

Insanetec

Reaction score
Howzit members, hopefully one of you can help me. Bought my quad a few years ago and only unboxed it this weekend. The quad binds to the controller and shows a green light on the XM+ receiver but there's no response on beta flight. The quad connects to beta flight but when I press any controls, nothing happens. Watched a number of videos and followed plenty steps but no luck. Hope it's a quick fix?

What Port is set for Serial_RX, and what is your Receiver Mode and Serial Receiver Provider set for?
What UART is the XM+ wired to?

Reactions: Insanetec
Thanks for the response. I did resolve that issue. The quad is flying now. Needed to set my Yaw, Pitch and Roll settings because the directions were off. When I look on beta flight, the simulator quad responds to the Yaw and Roll but not to the Pitch. The value bar changes but the simulator quad doesn't move, how do I fix this?

It all depends on a number of things, what TX, what sim, what "settings" did you need for the quad, do you have a separate model set up for the sim, if so are the Inputs/Mixers/Outputs all correct, did you go into the sim settings and try to calibrate it to the TX?

There are dozens of things to look at, on some of the screens on your radio they may show stick movement, but that doesn't mean the screen that shows actual Outputs for that stick are working in this "sim" model.

Too many questions, and not enough info to say. I don't sim much, maybe some of the other big sim guys can help. There is a thread for them here.

Thanks for trying to help Hightech. That night my battery was giving off an over charge error. I drained the battery and then connected onto the quad. The quad beeped a few times and took off by itself and rammed into a wall. Didn't get to fly new quad and now a motor is broken and the receiver board Lodged off and broke. Lucky the quad didn't ram into anybody. Will rebuild her sometime in the future.

• Wow
Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax