Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Emax Tiny Hawk 2 throttles does not work using QX7 RC

Is the VCP driver SiLabsUSBDriver.kext? I see it in the Library in my StagedExtensions folder.
That is an older development version of the driver I believe. You can remove it.

I upgraded to Big Sur, but Betaflight still does not work. Reinstalled it to no avail. Open TX works fine, and I can still use my QX7 to operate drone simulators via USB.

So, let’s use Console to check that your USB port is detecting your devices. Find Console in Applications > Utilities > Console.

The console utility lets you know if your external USB devices are detected and if there are any errors. Before you attach your drone to the USB, open Console and select the Error and Faults Tab, now plug in the drone and look to see if it detects your device or if there’s an error.

Copy and Paste your console output here so I can see it.

Reset your SMC

If you had too much current draw several times on your USB port, your Mac with shutdown the SMC to protect the port. You can reset the SMC following the steps below:
  1. Shut down and unplug the power adapter
  2. Press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the keyboard AND press the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds
    1. If you have a MacBook Pro with Touch ID, the Touch ID button is also the power button
  3. Release all keys and reconnect your Mac to the power adapter (plug it into an outlet)
  4. Press the power button again to turn on your Mac

I tried the suggested reset, but still no Betaflight. BTW, when I plug in the cable and wait a while for it to connect, and it does not, I noticed if I click on connect I get this message:
2021-03-04 @ 08:29:55 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 3
and then about five seconds later it will say the port was successfully closed.

I tried the suggested reset, but still no Betaflight. BTW, when I plug in the cable and wait a while for it to connect, and it does not, I noticed if I click on connect I get this message:
2021-03-04 @ 08:29:55 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 3
and then about five seconds later it will say the port was successfully closed.

Just to confirm... your USB is still working fine with your Kindle since the OS upgrade?

Click the Apple menu, select "About This Mac," and then click "More Info." Click "USB" to view a list of the USB devices connected to your Mac. Do this with your drone connected and paste the results here

What model of Macbook Pro are you using? Can you disconnect everything else and not use the hub?

One thing I am wondering about. I normally have a hard drive (Drone Photos/Videos) plugged into one of my two USB ports, and the other USB I alternative plug the adapter for my house, or my printer, or when I use my Taranis for doing simulator, or the Kindle. I wonder if the usb is getting confused. I see above that there is a reference to Bluetooth USB Host Controller. Not sure what that means. For the longest time I could not get the Bluetooth to work on My Macbook pro with devices that worked fine on my iphone and Ipad.

One thing I am wondering about. I normally have a hard drive (Drone Photos/Videos) plugged into one of my two USB ports, and the other USB I alternative plug the adapter for my house, or my printer, or when I use my Taranis for doing simulator, or the Kindle. I wonder if the usb is getting confused. I see above that there is a reference to Bluetooth USB Host Controller. Not sure what that means. For the longest time I could not get the Bluetooth to work on My Macbook pro with devices that worked fine on my iphone and Ipad.
Sorry, I meant to say I alternatively plug the adapter for my mouse, printer, Taranis, etc.

There is most likely a conflict. Unplug all the USB devices except mouse and keyboard then reset the NVram and SMC. Reboot then only try connecting your drone. Your HDD backup or printer could be causing a conflict.

Update SMC
  1. Shut down the MacBook.
  2. Make sure the MacBook is connected to power (ie plug the MagSafe power adapter into a power source and connect it to the Mac).
  3. Press the (left) Shift + Ctrl + Option keys and the power button at the same time, and hold them down for a few seconds. You should see the light on the power adapter change colour or blink to indicate the SMC has been reset.
  4. Release all the keys and the power button.
  5. Press the power button again to turn the MacBook back on.

Reset the PRAM/NVRAM
  1. Shut down the computer if you don't see one of your USB devices in the device list. Turn the computer back on. Hold the "Command-Option-P-R" keys together before the gray screen appears until you hear the startup sound for the second time. Release the keys.
  2. Press the "Command-Option-Esc" buttons to shut down applications that aren't responding.
  3. Click the Apple menu and click "Sleep." Wait a few seconds, and then press any key to wake the computer.
  4. Restart your computer. Click the Apple menu and click "Shutdown" to turn it off completely. If it isn't shutting down, hold the power button for at least 10 seconds to force it to shut down.
  5. Unplug the power cord, wait 15 seconds, and then reattach the cord. Wait at least five seconds, and then press the power button to turn on the Mac.

When I did the shift/control/option power (Update SMC) my light on my power adapter always stayed green. It did not flash or change colors. I tried unplugging the laptop and plugging it back in and then re-doing the Update SMC but the light remained green. However, the USB listing on System Information did change, as shown below.
1614874931507.png

When I did the shift/control/option power (Update SMC) my light on my power adapter always stayed green. It did not flash or change colors. I tried unplugging the laptop and plugging it back in and then re-doing the Update SMC but the light remained green. However, the USB listing on System Information did change, as shown below.
View attachment 4961
BTW, this is what my Betaflight shows on the dropdown list for Connect:
1614875101372.png

If i remember correctly, there was an issue a while ago with gatekeeper. You could disable it from a terminal with:

sudo spctl --master-disable

If i remember correctly, there was an issue a while ago with gatekeeper. You could disable it from a terminal with:

sudo spctl --master-disable
okay, I went to the Terminal app, which I know little about. I entered that into the terminal and it seemed to take the command.
The message below was there. Is it of any impact on this issue?
Last login: Thu Mar 4 10:17:09 on console
The default interactive shell is now zsh.
To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.
For more details, please visit Use zsh as the default shell on your Mac.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FAllfrey