Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

First MC flight today (Motion controller)

The last 5 years or so of my motorcycle riding days we got bored of citystreets and countryroads, so we got racing licenses and went on the track practices with our shiny sport streetbikes not to compete, only taking the fun up a level. After getting a used, purpose optimized race bike the laptime dropped 10 sec on a 1min short twisty track. Going flat out coming down the straight in 250 km/h braking so that the backend fishtails from lifting the back wheel of the asphalt is not someting I would have done with a shiny 12 000€ streetbike with a 2000€ titanium exhaust, way to much hard earned money at that high level of risk.

I feel the same about the fpv drone, to expensive for high risk manual flying. I've read here someone wishing for a future racing drone that hooks up seemless with the Dji fpv combo gear. That would be an ideal situation buying a ready-to-fly crash-friendly carbon race drone for someone with limited time and money to spend on this hobby ?

Reactions: A.O.
The last 5 years or so of my motorcycle riding days we got bored of citystreets and countryroads, so we got racing licenses and went on the track practices with our shiny sport streetbikes not to compete, only taking the fun up a level. After getting a used, purpose optimized race bike the laptime dropped 10 sec on a 1min short twisty track. Going flat out coming down the straight in 250 km/h braking so that the backend fishtails from lifting the back wheel of the asphalt is not someting I would have done with a shiny 12 000€ streetbike with a 2000€ titanium exhaust, way to much hard earned money at that high level of risk.

I feel the same about the fpv drone, to expensive for high risk manual flying. I've read here someone wishing for a future racing drone that hooks up seemless with the Dji fpv combo gear. That would be an ideal situation buying a ready-to-fly crash-friendly carbon race drone for someone with limited time and money to spend on this hobby ?
I used to take my 20k+ Harley to track days just for fun, but as you say kept it under control so as not to crash it.. plenty of ways to do that on the road.

Reactions: CrocMonster
yeah, all about right tool for the job....
I used to race Caterham 7s , because they are designed for the track.

Im going to get a freestyle quad for the really low level close quarters stuff. ( * )
for now the dji fpv is really helping me to develop my acro skills, I just don't take too many risks (I have already had one 'off', which has made me a bit more wary)
but still my hope is, once I get the freestyle quad and improve with it, I'll then be able to push the DJI FPV a little bit more once my skills have improved.

always some risk, but its just about getting it to reasonable levels.

alongside that, Im enjoying the DJI FPV for for some gentle sky cruising.
had a wonderful flight this evening, it was a lovely warm evening (summer is on its way!), did a sunset flight - it was beautiful.

------

( * ) Im just waiting for DJI to release first DJI FPV firmware update, to see if they do something with the RC v2, if not - I'll just buy another RC.

Im going to get a freestyle quad for the really low level close quarters stuff. ( * )
for now the dji fpv is really helping me to develop my acro skills, I just don't take too many risks (I have already had one 'off', which has made me a bit more wary)
but still my hope is, once I get the freestyle quad and improve with it, I'll then be able to push the DJI FPV a little bit more once my skills have improved.

always some risk, but its just about getting it to reasonable levels.

alongside that, Im enjoying the DJI FPV for for some gentle sky cruising.
had a wonderful flight this evening, it was a lovely warm evening (summer is on its way!), did a sunset flight - it was beautiful.

------

( * ) Im just waiting for DJI to release first DJI FPV firmware update, to see if they do something with the RC v2, if not - I'll just buy another RC.
Yeah, I’ve not even tried the manual mode yet, not sure where to start...

Yeah, I’ve not even tried the manual mode yet, not sure where to start...
in the sim :)

I found Velocidrone and Liftoff more comfortable to learn on, but the DJI virtual flight is ok too.
just need to put some hours in...
once you're not crashing in the sim.

you can try on the dji fpv - and you'll actually find it a bit easier.
just keep some height intially, then just stick time - its actually pretty natural once you get put a little time in.

We did 5 laps on Nordschleife in the early '90's before it became a circus. I'm passing 50 years old next month, but we still got that famous need for speed, don't we? ?

So downloaded Velocidrone yesterday, and about assigning the sticks. We are not speeking english in my country so have patience with me ?
Of course throttle goes on left stick and pitch on right and then I ended up with yaw on left and roll on right, but I tried both.

ah, yeah I love the Ring, been on a it few times - when we were racing on main track :)

Velocidrone - iirc, you have to assign individual controls as you wish - no?
but yeah, mode 2 (which is the most common) is Left = Throttle/Yaw Right= Pitch/Roll

I don't know about other modes, as only use mode 2- but pretty sure Velocidrone can do any wierd combo you might want.

main limitation is the buttons dont work on the controller
(oh, and give this topic was about motion controller... it doesnt work either, at least afaik ;) )

You mentioned the slow turns issue, but I'm not sure if you are aware that if you tilt/roll the controller to either left or right almost horizontally (as opposed to yaw) , then you would get faster turns
Oh yes I learned that really fast,what a difference!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya