Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Flyaway... What the heck happened

unclejishere

Reaction score
So I recently built my first quad. My setup was:

FC: Mamba f405 mk2 with 4-in-1 ESC
Motors: Racerstar SPROG 2206 2300kv
Rx: Frysky XM+
VTX: Eachine TX805 5.8G

Everything went smooth with the build, and I was able to successfully fly the quad about 5 or 6 times without any issue.

My most recent flight though went completely wrong... I got my quad up in the air and flew away about 60-70 yards, when all of the sudden I completely lost signal in my goggles and I heard the quad shoot straight up into the sky at maximum throttle, even though my throttle stick was almost all the way down. I ripped my goggles off to look for the quad in the sky but by that time it was so high up I couldn't see it, I could only hear it screaming a full speed farther and farther away. I was flipping switches and moving sticks on my controller but it didn't do anything. Eventually I just completely turned my controller off, causing the quad to eventually fall somewhere. I looked for the quad for a long time and drove around many blocks but never found it.

Anybody have any idea what the heck could have caused this to happen? I had the failsafe on my controller set to "no pulses." I hadn't had any crashes or problems in my previous flights. My mind is boggled that this randomly happened and makes me nervous to build another quad.

The only thing I can think of that could have possibly caused this is the fact that my soldering wasn't perfect. Like it wasn't bad, but it also wasn't perfect like I would see on youtube videos. I can't think of anything else that could have caused this to happen.

I'm not sure what happened but did you test your failsafe before. For example, arm your quad and turn off your transmitter and see what happens? I like to do that on my first pack every time I fly just so I can have the peace of mind.

I'm not sure what happened but did you test your failsafe before. For example, arm your quad and turn off your transmitter and see what happens? I like to do that on my first pack every time I fly just so I can have the peace of mind.
Yep I made sure to test that before flying the first time

without modes setup (raw dog) I prefer not to use modes of any kind but you gotta be able to fly on just the gyros and
with fail safe set.. this shouldn't happen and I've got no clue how it would.
I'd replace the flight Controller. this is not something I heard of often accept with DJI Automated stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufgatorvet