Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

flying a bouncing beach ball

rktman

Reaction score
Okay, haven't even put goggles on yet with this little beast, just trying to hover in my living room!

After the debacle of having to add a R-XSR receiver and purchase a Jumper T-Lite RC, and several headaches adding the receiver to the iFlight Alpha A85 tinywhoop, it's in the air.

Sort of.

It bounces like a beach ball. super hard to hold altitude. Overshoots like a bouncing ball, and I find myself just going up and down and up and down,

Guessing this is a PID tuning issue on the throttle? I really have no idea, I'm a complete noob to this, but happen to be an engineer with thorough understanding of control loops and PID, hearing about it all the time in past months w.r.t. home-built quads and Betaflight, so...

Anyway, help!

There is no PID on the throttle, it's direct control. Basically you need to train and get used to it.

Reactions: mrmund
I'm dealing with the same thing after building a 3" Cinewhoop..watching lots of tutorials on how to tame the throttle. nothing concrete yet.

Added 50% expo, helped a lot.

Added 50% expo, helped a lot.
Hey rktman, reminds me of the first time I flew an RC helicopter (nitro gas). my friend made it look so easy to hover and maneuver around. took me awhile. tweaking the RC helped, but... after many weekends of having to replace the tail rotor and boom, and main rotor blades from bouncing on the ground, i stuck to fixed wing. i did finally go back to helicopters, the key was practice for me , a lot of. when electric came out it did make it a little easier, more control on the motor. gas motors were... like an ex-wife, predictable but not always. good luck.

I flew electric helis for years... it was hard at first, the old trying to stand on a beach ball thing.

Throttle and maintaining height wasn't any where near this hard. Getting it tho...

Reactions: Slozukimc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya