Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

FPV and Mavic 2 combined to survey this new airport construction site

Florent

Reaction score
Hi!

I just thought I would share this video which combines the powers of FPV and Mavic 2, to survey the construction site of a new airport in Cambodia.
With the waypoints tour on the Mavic 2 I am able to fly the same video tour everytime and with the right transition I can show the progress visually between 2 takes.
The FPV however allows me to get faster around the structure and lower for high details without the fear of boring the spectator. With the Mavic I would have to speed up the video and that does not make for a smooth cinematic ride...

I do have to deplore that the waypoint tour is not ideally the same all the times. The slight variations in angle or altitude force me to correct the frames during editing for a perfect overlap. And the system does not seem to appreciate when I combine video taking and photo shoots. Otherwise, it is a great tool. I wish I could save the waypoint tours to export to another drone when time will come to replace my Mavic. This project may take another 2 years and I wish I could make a final video at the end using the same technic.
Maybe by that time I will also be able to squeeze the FPV through the terminal window!?

Watch the video on YouTube

I have also made videos of other constructions sites but a perfect drone hyperlapse is not easy. Weather conditions, lighting, differences in the flight, etc.

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18