Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

FPV drone controller choice for beginner

Rosssiiii

Reaction score
Hello :)

I'm trying to understand which remote control choose to start practicing with the drones on the simulator and after use on drones in real life too.

A very popular model is that:
FrSky ACCST Taranis Q X7 Transmitter 2.4G 16CH Mode 2 White Black International Version for RC Drone - Black

do you know any otherentry level model to consider to approach to FPV drones ?

I'm trying to understand which remote control choose to start practicing with the drones on the simulator and after use on drones in real life too.

A very popular model is that:
FrSky ACCST Taranis Q X7 Transmitter 2.4G 16CH Mode 2 White Black International Version for RC Drone - Black

do you know any otherentry level model to consider to approach to FPV drones ?
I have the FlySky i6 FS-i6x. It does the job and it dirt cheap but, as I'm sure everyone else on the forum will tell you, it isn't the best.

It's a matter of options. The flysky controller only works with Flysky receivers. The FrSky works only with FrSky.

I have a Radiomaster xt16s. It has a multi module and a JR bay. The multi modual lets me connect to most "standard" receivers except ACCESS. The JR bay allows for an external module for Crossfire, Ghost, ExpressLRS, Tracer, R9, etc.

I also have a BetaFPV LiteRadio 2 SE. It also has choices. It should connect to FrSky D8 and D16, FlySky and Spektrum. I couldn't get it to work with my D16 (so I got the xt16s) but it is a great option for simulator controller at $40.

"Beginner" is a broad term. I'm a beginner and I opted for some higher priced gear. Perhaps a better term is entry level. You just have the daunting task of determining how much capability you want to start with. If you buy cheap gear and stick with the hobby... your going to spend money down the road to upgrade.

Solid advice in this thread. I personally started with the X9 lite just to see if I even liked the hobby before I upgraded equipment. It didnt take me long before I started disliking it for actual flying though. Now its only used as a remote for the sim. I didn't mind the Access protocol at all but I'm not as serious as some of the guys in this hobby are.
If I could do it all over again, I'd do it the same as I did. The QX7 is a good choice.

thanks for advices, during that time i searched a bit and i saw that interesting: Jumper T-lite:

1) it can allow to use nano Crossfire but is limited to 25mW cause of battery with only 1 cell?

2) i saw a review where they say that Gimbals even if are hall sensor they are not good as xt16...some one have had experience on that ?

3) batteries are not sold by banggood, can i find also on amazon to have quicker ships ? i saw that are expensive batteries ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya