Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

FPV Headset Supported on Mavic 3 ?

Jamboni9

Reaction score
Morning All, New to the Forum, Hoping to get any Advice from anyone who has managed to successfully connect a VR / Goggles headset to a Mavic 3. I have the pro remote and have managed to connect a ORQA FPV one Pilot via the HDMI output on the controller which works, however the view isn't that impressive with the screen appearing far away and there being white Halo lines in the view( I've messaged the Manufacturer to determine if this is purely a fault with the unit and awaiting a response).

Are there any other goggles with a HDMI / Display input port that anyone has had any success with which can be considered mobile (i.e. no connection via a laptop / PC)?

I have the DJI FPV V2 goggles but know previously these were not supported on either the Mavic 2 / 3

Any views and Comments Welcomed!

Basically anything with HDMI will do since you have the RC Pro. That includes the old DJI Goggles which have a pretty good display, bulky though. Should be able to find used ones at decent prices.

Basically anything with HDMI will do since you have the RC Pro. That includes the old DJI Goggles which have a pretty good display, bulky though. Should be able to find used ones at decent prices.
Appreciate the detailed response, would you think that a headset with a Display input port adapter would also work? (I've seen the original Mavic ones and in agreement, their size is a issue, even though the racing ones have head tracking.

a headset with a Display input port adapter
Well what kind?
If you mean goggles with an analog input and an HDMI to composite converter then that'll introduce lag and look pretty terrible.

Fantastic Knowledge Thank you for that, was looking specifically at the HP Reverb G2 as it has a Digital Display 1.3 port, if this could connect to a HDMI mini and display through the DJI Pro Remote.

No, VR headsets aren't gonna work. Due to how the lenses and stereo vision work with those they can't take a bog standard image, it needs to be processed and formatted appropriately for them, duplicating the image for each eye and applying some distorsion to match the one the lenses introduce.

ql42O.png

Not sure about the rc pro, but i use the yuneec goggles connected to the hdmi out on the smart controller for my mini 2 and air 2s. They are bulkier than the fpv v2 goggles though.

Through Some research, trial and error have found a desirable option which is convenient and less cumbersome than carrying around the Bulky DJI Goggles for going FPV on Mavic 3 series Drones, albeit may be deemed an expensive option.

Purchased a used pair of the HTC Vive Flow VR glasses, these allow a screen mirroring option from your phone when connected to the DJI Controller, with Adjustment into FPV view in the settings menu, this gives good results with both the Mavic Mini 3 and Mavic drones. This will likely work with other DJI Drones if required (although not tried and Tested).

No real noticeable Lag with the benefit of being able to pop the VR glasses on your head if your wanting to move away from FPV.

Not tried using the Smart controllers direct connection to the VR Glasses yet, not sure the glasses would support incoming HDMI signal.

For the Mavic 3, not sure what needs are...but the Moverio BT-40 may be a great option.
Allows you to view both FPV and forward view... meeting FAA requirement too.
Lightweight option, but also a pricey option @ $500+.

I have the older model, lower resolution and components. The BT-40 is a nice upgrade.
You attach the Video Out to Glasses, and have a nice overlay FPV view.

1664978560813.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax