Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Goggles 2 standalone

rktman

Reaction score
...available in Jan for purchase, with the release of the new air unit.

Reactions: Texas Red
The SD card slot and USB-C port are awkwardly located, but there aren't really many options that would keep cost down, and reliability high.

They both need to be mounted on a substantial PCB or they will not withstand the mechanical stresses of use. Also, they need high speed data access, which might require a more expensive interconnect if moved off the main board.

Remove the battery and carefully examine the Avata. It would compromise the design to try and add some sort of carrier elsewhere, complicate the design and increase cost.

This is a traditional cinewhoop frame. Difficult access to ports on cinewhoops is part of that tradition! 😁😁😁

While it's annoying, we're all making do, and I'd rather futz with it to get the card in/out than have them move it off the main board, causing reliability problems.

this could be a solution for the USBC port
https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Expansion-Suitable-Notebook-Computers/dp/B08P5HRH3Z/ref=sr_1_8?crid=35Y5X3ALFA473&keywords=usb+c+90+degree+adaptor+for+drones&qid=1670221832&sprefix=usb+c+90+degree+adaptor+for+drones,aps,92&sr=8-8

I have one I got I believe from geprc that is longer and narrower. I haven't tried it yet but I believe it will work on the Avata. I also think rotorriot was selling them Here is one from Diatone which also illustrates that DJI is not the only one placing these connectors in an inconvenient location, pretty much all or most whoops have the same issue. This is a very cheap an effective solution

L shape USB Adaptor

just have to make sure it's type c to type c L shape.

Last edited:
Reactions: rktman
Yup, got a similar adapter.

Virtually no cinewhoops have on-board recording, so having the SD card issue is pretty unique to the Avata. Usually the flight camera is crap, and a GoPro is mounted on the drone to take the recorded video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax