Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

goggles and controller.....

huskydriver

Reaction score
I'm new to fpv, I currently only have the mini 2 and air 2 dji drones. The limited research I've done is I've found out that a lot of people like the DJI goggles and controller. I was just curious if the v2 goggles and controller can be used with other rtf fpv drones. I was thinking about upgrading or one day getting an actual racing drone like some of the ones from iflight or similar. Would this be possible? It seems if I wanted to use this combo it may be cheaper just buying the FPV drone combo and basically get the drone for free. Any help appreciated.

Reactions: BigAl07
Great question and WELCOME to the forum :)

Here's a link that should help answer your questions:

Reactions: huskydriver
I'm new to fpv, I currently only have the mini 2 and air 2 dji drones. The limited research I've done is I've found out that a lot of people like the DJI goggles and controller. I was just curious if the v2 goggles and controller can be used with other rtf fpv drones. I was thinking about upgrading or one day getting an actual racing drone like some of the ones from iflight or similar. Would this be possible? It seems if I wanted to use this combo it may be cheaper just buying the FPV drone combo and basically get the drone for free. Any help appreciated.
Your vision is something else to consider.

I use my FatShark Domininator V3 goggles every week for my work and have for years. I love them. I tried the DJI goggles for about 2 minutes and hated them. My vision is good, but I'm slightly far sighted. I DO use cheaters (mild 1.50) to read menus and the like. I could not focus on the DJI Goggles. Where my FatShark goggles use 2 focusable LCD screens, the DJI goggles use one large screen. So if you can't read paper 2 inches from your face, you can't focus on the goggle's screen. There's a name for the optics in the FatShark goggles (dipolar??) that escapes me right now. Maybe someone else can help.

Moral of the story; Try the goggles on BEFORE you buy them. I was lucking enough to be able to sell mine for what I purchased them for. Lesson learned.

D

Reactions: huskydriver
The DJI goggles are digital and you'd need to make sure your VTX is also digital on your craft. Fatsharks are analog, but now have the Sharkbite to upgrade it to digital also. DJI I believe has a module for converting to analog, but you'd have to check that out, I'm not sure if it's out yet. Digital goggles seem to be the way everyone is trending too also, but it's $$$ for those who have analogs system and wish to convert to digital.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput